đź“Š Poll How happy are you (overall) with TCG's look and feel?

Does TCG need a fresh coat of cheap paint?

• It wouldn't hurt

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • I love it, don't change a thing

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • Dear god yes (please explain below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Its that time of year where I evaluate the site. We've basically been on the same theme and settings since we moved to XF. Small changes here and there but nothing major. I've been holding off on moving us to XF 2.2, as that will bring some significant changes, but the general look of the site would remain.

So either by voting in the poll or leaving comments below, let me know if its time to bring some freshness to the TCG look.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
giphy.gif

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
i-couldnt-be-more-pleased-bill-murray.gif

That said. What sort of "significant changes" would we be talking about here?
Dunno. At some point, I really need to bump us to 2.2, which will likely cause me to make some minor changes anyway.

But I was mostly just asking if there were things you all felt were missing or if visually, things needed. Spacing, color schemes, etc.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Members for the most part never like changes. I say screw 'em and do them once in a while, can just be small ones.

I don't really know what your demographic is, 35 year old men who drive VWs who live in Palatine? :)

I think a site like this could be stronger regionally, it's like the only Chicago area forum I go to.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Members for the most part never like changes. I say screw 'em and do them once in a while, can just be small ones.

I don't really know what your demographic is, 35 year old men who drive VWs who live in Palatine? :)

I think a site like this could be stronger regionally, it's like the only Chicago area forum I go to.
Youd think that but we can't pull in new members. Or rather, we can't keep them on the site for more than 24 hours.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Dunno. At some point, I really need to bump us to 2.2, which will likely cause me to make some minor changes anyway.

But I was mostly just asking if there were things you all felt were missing or if visually, things needed. Spacing, color schemes, etc.
Cant think of anything missing at least compared to any other forums looks wise. I’m sure whatever you try will be just fine though.

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
I like the site for the most part. Works well on desktop and mobile.

As someone else pointed out, the search function could use some help.
I don't really know what your demographic is, 35 year old men who drive VWs who live in Palatine?

I thought you were talking about me for a second...but I don't live in Palatine lol.

Solid demographic though.

• Haha
Reactions: Pro Stock John

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007

Thread Info