3800 How fast have you gone?

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
had a little incident last night. had friend with me in the car....breaking in tranny. This Neon kept on bugging me. I am on Bypass 20 up here in Rockford...heading toward the 2 Dixon exit. We started playing around..and one thing led to another...we were soon going 95. I didnt thinking anything of it till the cop we just past shut his car door.

I look back in the mirror..see the lights. I took my friends advice. I floored it. Bypass 20 is sumwhat flat...with long turns....able to take at triple digits. I am at 120....then 130...then 140. My friend is laughing.....tells me those squad cars can do 136. I see my HUD say 148.......I LET off after that. we didnt pass any other people except for the cop. We get off on his exit, do a slow role...look left and right and then turn left. We got back to his house in one piece.

How fast has everyone gone in there GTP's? This was the fastest for me....I dont plan on doing it again. :unsure: The tranny temp got up to 160 when I was pulling into his driveway....and the motor was at normal temp....right on as a matter of fact. I was shocked that it handled it. I dont bash on my car at ALL, but I had to last night. :(

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I never have an opportunity to go for LSR's, I'm lucky to get to the speed limit in my commute. Had my bike up to (an indicated) 200mph once going out to Byron. I'd estimate given enough road the GTP would top out around 155-160.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
In the GTP: 140 going southbound on I-55 to normal. Had to brake for an exit and when i came to a stop the rear rotors were on fire, needless to say i changed those out stat.

In the GA: 123, had more but i decided i was pushing my luck on a state road. Suprisingly the GA handled great at that speed for a smaller car, however it does have Z rated KDWS tires

Dream

Addict
Nov 20, 2008
Joliet, IL
Originally posted by Fish+Feb 9 2005, 05:16 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Dream
@Feb 9 2005, 05:13 PM
Went 132 in Steve's car on the way to Nationals in Ohio last year....haven't had the chance to take my car over 100 yet.  :(
[snapback]70828[/snapback]​

132?? Thats it? psh. 255. :lol:
[snapback]70830[/snapback]​
[/b]
Yeah I didn't want to go any faster than that cuz it was raining out and dark and I couldn't see very well. :) Maybe next time. :)

I

imported_Theautoguy

Originally posted by GTPPWR@Feb 9 2005, 09:14 PM
Don, we need to have another story telling night. That was helarious to hear what you guys did back then.  my favorite was sitting on the rear fins....doing donuts....and then hitting the snow bank.  where did he go?
[snapback]70847[/snapback]​

I'll let you know when the next garage day comes around. That stuff's still written on the marker board..!

Soooo, hows the trans shift now! :D

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by zeez gtp@Feb 9 2005, 09:41 PM
i think like 95 maybe on the highway. maybe 96 on the strip, haha. i am such a rebel
[snapback]70851[/snapback]​

liar :p remember that time I found you going to caspers? we were already doing 80 when we hit it. :eek: :D

and my fastest was on 57 coming back from u of i racing some cougar that thought it was hot shit, he kept coming back over and over so I eventually just hit it and didnt stop till 140 cuz i got scarred, felt like there was more left.

Originally posted by Kyle+Feb 9 2005, 10:46 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-zeez gtp
@Feb 9 2005, 09:41 PM
i think like 95 maybe on the highway. maybe 96 on the strip, haha. i am such a rebel
[snapback]70851[/snapback]​

liar :p remember that time I found you going to caspers? we were already doing 80 when we hit it. :eek: :D

and my fastest was on 57 coming back from u of i racing some cougar that thought it was hot shit, he kept coming back over and over so I eventually just hit it and didnt stop till 140 cuz i got scarred, felt like there was more left.
[snapback]70865[/snapback]​
[/b]

oh ya, i was trying to keep up with you weaving in and out of traffic, haha.

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Originally posted by Kyle@Feb 9 2005, 10:46 PM
so I eventually just hit it and didnt stop till 140 cuz i got scarred, felt like there was more left.

It does have more in it. i topped out at 156 mph on a upper peninsula michigan back road. Headers, PCM, 3.4 pulley. It took like 30 seconds to go from 152 to 154, then about a minute to make up to 156. I probably could have touched 160, but i was content enough. When the car finally shifts into 4th gear it is nearly impossible to pick up speed.

So i have it right now in the GTP at 156. Bikes arent fair :)

Im pretty sure pictor topped 160, but i cant remember correctly.

Oh and this was on equivalents of RSA's. so iwas, what, 25 mph or so above the rated speed for about 2 minutes... NOT a smart idea for those that wish to try this out. The tires are rated a 129 IIRC for 1 hour, but past that speed the times for failure are supposed to drop VERY quickly. So dotn be stupid. Dont do this around people, and have good tires.

Oh, and it takes FOREVER to safely stop from that speed. if you see someone down the road 1 mile away you arent stopping in time...

BC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info