3800 How fast have you gone?

sgtp

Regular
Dec 17, 2008
you guys have some serious balls. Ive been up to 125 a few times on my shit tires rated for 110 or so. You have to break slowly or you will lose it. And you better have the room for it with no turns. I thought I was going to die when I got loose in the rear going around what is a gental bend at 70 but a death wish in triple digits. I wont be doing anything like that again any time soon. Expecially not with an 80k old stock springs/struts, shit tires, and bent to hell sway bar bushing brackets.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I am usually pretty intimate with how my vehicle can handle what speed. Right now I'd have no qualms about topping it out, but I have VR rated tires, and a fully rebuilt suspension, with all new brakes. Same goes with the bike, I wouldn't even ride it if my tires were questionable.
Pushing your luck in a car that's several years old with questionable components not only puts you at risk, but other's too. Speeds under 120-110 aren't too bad from a safety standpoint on an average car, beyond that I'd find some real desolate piece of road.

About the worst (reckless) I've done is 180 on 75th street out by Fox Valley mall with the wife on the back of the bike. But it was also about 3am, she wanted to get up to speed, and there wasn't a car in sight. Fortunately it doesn't take too long to get to that speed and slow down on the ZX9. For those familiar with the area, we were heading towards the mall, and I went from a 50mph roll at Book rd, and slowed by the light at Rt 59.

I

imported_Theautoguy

Originally posted by GTPPWR@Feb 9 2005, 10:11 PM
actually heres the funny thing....since its still PCM controled.....the same but it does feel smoother.  when can I pick up those wishbones?
[snapback]70857[/snapback]​

Swing by Saturday around noon, I'm changing the oil and trans fluid and filter in the Regal. I may even try to finish wraping my "Project Breath Right" pieces.

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Originally posted by GTPPWR@Feb 17 2005, 10:02 PM
my car goes to 130 Very quickly!  I did a lil test tonight.  Eric and I went from a dead stop to 130.  didnt take that long

I am very impressed with how fast everyone has gone.....especially the 162!!!!
[snapback]71832[/snapback]​

You wont see 162 out of a stock or nearly stock car though. :) LIke I said, you hit 4th gear and you just arent going to pick up much more speed.

Getting to 130 is easy and quick. After that it slows down fast. I dont remeber the exact numbers, but IIRC the drag load on your car grows exponentially as you increase speed. I wish I knew the actual formula. Safe to say that the load more than doubles over a small range of speed.

BC

F

fastcash

Originally posted by GTPPWR@Feb 17 2005, 10:02 PM
my car goes to 130 Very quickly!  I did a lil test tonight.  Eric and I went from a dead stop to 130.  didnt take that long

now when you say very quickly, you think what, 10,11, 12 secs?

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by fastcash420+Feb 19 2005, 12:07 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-GTPPWR
@Feb 17 2005, 10:02 PM

now when you say very quickly, you think what, 10,11, 12 secs?
[snapback]72022[/snapback]​
[/b]

i defiently say longer than that, those times arent possible in a gtp that lightly modded.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info