• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

how do i know if i have stock cut springs

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
I have never known what lowering springs i had in my car since they were installed prior to my purchasing. But my mechanic seemed to recognize a section of the part number on the spring as being a ford number...but couldnt match it up with any of the ford racing numbers or the cobra R number it would just have sight differences in the numbering..

is there any real way to tell if they are cut?
also performance wise how will this affect me? i was thinking if they are cut and it could have detrimental effects on the car and the performance i would get H&R race springs, how are these at the drag strip? i do take my car pretty frequently to the track during the summer months...

let me know what you guys think..

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
your car does look a little lower than stock, especially in the rear.

are they a different color? eibachs tend to be red and h&r blue. you can measure them and then compare it to the stock legnth.

i would think cut stock springs will make your car handle worse then shorter aftermarket springs but i am not possitive on this one. it all depends on the spring rate.

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
The ends of the springs should be sealed/painted...
I have FMS C Springs and they have been cut - ride and firmness are real good, but still not low enough in the rear for me yet hahahaha I am pretty sure there are some formulas over on Corral about how much to cut springs, a lot of people do it.

H&R makes a good product. I have been looking at the eibach. ChromeCobra has them on his with 18's and they look badazz!

WhtSuperStang

Jun 27, 2005
maniak said:
your car does look a little lower than stock, especially in the rear.

are they a different color? eibachs tend to be red and h&r blue. you can measure them and then compare it to the stock legnth.

i would think cut stock springs will make your car handle worse then shorter aftermarket springs but i am not possitive on this one. it all depends on the spring rate.

no they are black... didnt do any measuring since i dont know to many people with stock ride height cobras..

but this car is still lower than my last stang that had c springs in there so its a pretty good drop from stock.... i have a hard time getting over speed bumps

Mystic544 said:
I have FMS C Springs and they have been cut - ride and firmness are real good, but still not low enough in the rear for me yet hahahaha I am pretty sure there are some formulas over on Corral about how much to cut springs, a lot of people do it.

H&R makes a good product. I have been looking at the eibach. ChromeCobra has them on his with 18's and they look badazz!

next time i have the wheels off ill check to see if the ends are sealed or not..

do you think h&r race springs will be good for track use? i just dont want to mess up my performance at the track...

IMPORTSLAYER

Regular
Mar 10, 2006
I went with the Eibach sportline kit with the anti roll kit. This helped my ride so much. It loves corners. Night & Day. I want to add a panhard bar to go with this set up as well. The sportline kit will drop the front 2.0/rear 1.8. The pro kit will drop the front 1.5/1.5 rear. If you want the better stance in the ass end go w/ the sportline kit. They are both great additions and i know someone at work who went with the pro and love em.So its really a win win with either kit.

WhtSuperStang

Jun 27, 2005
IMPORTSLAYER said:
I went with the Eibach sportline kit with the anti roll kit. This helped my ride so much. It loves corners. Night & Day. I want to add a panhard bar to go with this set up as well. The sportline kit will drop the front 2.0/rear 1.8. The pro kit will drop the front 1.5/1.5 rear. If you want the better stance in the ass end go w/ the sportline kit. They are both great additions and i know someone at work who went with the pro and love em.So its really a win win with either kit.

i might have to do that since ur car hawls ass with that set up!!

PS i need ur bro to see what kinda number he can run in my car since he is the :headbang: at driving!!!

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
Mystic544 said:

Thanks :biggthump , yeah H&R and Eibach both give a really nice stance.

IMPORTSLAYER

Regular
Mar 10, 2006
Dude let me know when you are going to head up to Byron again. WE WILL BE THERE !! :biggthump . Hans told me that my car would be finished by no later than June 2nd !!( so I have it when they head to Mich. for the NMRA race up there w/ Chris Bery's car.)The anticipation is killing me ! It will be well worth the wait. I think with the new set up and lighter rotating assembly I should be able to consistiently run into the high 12's. I think you will be happy with the Eibach set up IMO. H & R also makes quality product from everything I have heard.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
WhtSuperStang said:
yea im still kinda on the fence about the eibach and h&r race springs....i believe they are relativly the same price... so we'll see any1 with h&r's wanna chime in?

I've used eibach on my old 5.0 fox and H&R race's on my 03 cobra. I no im not comparing apples to apples but after the install of h&r, I will never buy another spring AGAIN. I dropped the car almost 2.5 inches and didn't even noticed a change in ride quilety. The eibach road like shit IMO. Just my .02 tho.

If you noticed almost every 03/04 that goes with lowering springs goes with H&R.

Kevin

WhtSuperStang

Jun 27, 2005
RD SNAKE said:
I've used eibach on my old 5.0 fox and H&R race's on my 03 cobra. I no im not comparing apples to apples but after the install of h&r, I will never buy another spring AGAIN. I dropped the car almost 2.5 inches and didn't even noticed a change in ride quilety. The eibach road like shit IMO. Just my .02 tho.

If you noticed almost every 03/04 that goes with lowering springs goes with H&R.

Kevin

have u been to the track with ur h&r springs? how did it perform?

LazyT747

SFI
Sep 11, 2006
WhtSuperStang said:
yea im still kinda on the fence about the eibach and h&r race springs....i believe they are relativly the same price... so we'll see any1 with h&r's wanna chime in?

Jst ordered mine earlier this week :headbang: . Bought some H&R Sports for it. From what ive heard, they are great. A friend of mine put them on his GT and he loves them. Im installing mine next week when they come in. I got mine from www.haneymotorsport.com
Good site. If you buy them from there, talk to Casey. Good Guy.

I will post how they were putting in and post before and after pictures when i get it all done.

WhtSuperStang

Jun 27, 2005
RD SNAKE said:
They did really good. It also killed some wheel hop too!

KEvin

good to know....i just dont want to get new springs and have then negatively effect the car

LazyT747 said:
Jst ordered mine earlier this week :headbang: . Bought some H&R Sports for it. From what ive heard, they are great. A friend of mine put them on his GT and he loves them. Im installing mine next week when they come in. I got mine from www.haneymotorsport.com
Good site. If you buy them from there, talk to Casey. Good Guy.

I will post how they were putting in and post before and after pictures when i get it all done.

Cool thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info