How are you using your phone to pay?

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
ive never used this but you cats make it sound like i should

You should. Convenience is one thing, security is the other. The vendor is getting a virtual card number, not the one that is linked to your gpay/apple pay - so if a breach does happen, it's not even your actual card that gets leaked.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
You should. Convenience is one thing, security is the other. The vendor is getting a virtual card number, not the one that is linked to your gpay/apple pay - so if a breach does happen, it's not even your actual card that gets leaked.

honestly that part of the thread was why i was looking at it.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I used Samsung Pay originally. They had MST (Magnetic Secure Transfer) that would allow you to use it at old terminals that had the swipe-type card readers. So even if it was an old terminal without NFC, I could still use Samsung Pay. It was great! There was another layer of protection. Plus I got to get points on my credit card as well as with Samsung Pay. Double-dipping for extra stuff was nice.

But Samsung ditched it last year on new devices. Then even the tap-to-pay NFC feature wouldn't work anymore. I even went as far as to delete the app and re-install the app. It just wouldn't work anymore. This was on a year-old Note 10+.

But after using Samsung Pay all over the place I wanted to continue using something like it. GPay seems to work well.

the new app is shit

I hate when companies take a perfectly good app or product and come out with a new one that doesn't work nearly as well.

So I'm having like a 75% success rate...

I'll sit at POS with my phone unlocked waving it and such and nothing and either it hits it or it doesn't. 2x now I've had to whip out my actual card and tap it to it pay...

Progress.

I have about the same success rate. It's not my phone, it's the equipment. Gas stations seem to be the worst with the NFC readers working one day and then not the next. I have used my phone and a credit card to have both fail. I have not had one instance when the phone didn't work but my tap to pay credit card did.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info