How are you REALLY doing?

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Honestly, not great. I’ve never dealt with so much stress and frustration in my life to the point where it makes me feel ill at times. Coming from someone that pretty much spent the last two years of my life ”getting” anxiety and learning how to live with and treat it, dealing with that was about on par with the present situation. Between COVID rewriting the book overnight on how I run my business and relationship issues to boot. Sad part is 80% of the stress isn’t my cross to bear, it’s the consequences of others poor decisions that get thrown over the fence because they don’t know how to deal with the real world.

I’m still putting my boots one one foot at a time like everyone else though. This too shall pass.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
My issue is that mortality thing too. Looking back and wondering where I could've made better decisions that lead to better yields and that I only have soo much road left ahead of me... Hindsight is always 20/20 though.

One other thing my Wife brought up, is the 10 years I spent working in a negative environment. One of the things she REALLY enjoyed while I was home on furlough, was seeing the person she met and fell in love with, come back again. For so many years, I brought Sears home with me and I was a cranky, shitty, bitch of an asshole. While being stressed about getting another job in this COVID world still hung large, she saw me happy and stress free again. Me spending time with our kids, doing things with them and taking them places.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I ponder mortality at times, wishing I could see beyond my years and how my kids/grandkids turn out. I thought about seeing a therapist about it at one point, I thought I dwell on it way more than the healthy 40's guy. There's no point in wondering about it, it would just be nice to find a way to re-focus or not have it come up so much in my thoughts...or just come to terms with it. It's just best to enjoy life while we can and not think about it ending.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
wait, you got a nanny to help out with 1 kid......

We have a nine month old and we both work full-time. It's very difficult to manage an infant and get in a full day's work. We're both on conference calls and can't have the little one screaming in the background. We could probably work around it, but we would have to work longer days to get the same amount of work done.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Rum is always there for me in rough times lol. I just put things in perspective and realize I’m living the greatest time of my life. I have a healthy, smart 5 yo, making more money than I ever have, have a cool car and house, and my health. Both my parents are still alive also. Hit me up in 10 years when all I have is rum left lmao.
This right fucking here X1000% ^^^^^^^^^
But Patron for me

I really had a very long reply to this thread but deleted it.
Sometimes less is more, especially in this thread.

• Sad
Reactions: DEEZUZ

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
TCG to me is life. May not mean much, but it is literally something I yearn for several times an hour. And no not just for news or content, but reaction from people I know. Close fucking group, mate.

I agree with this. It's crazy sometimes when Im just like "lemme see what everyone is up to" and need to hop on here and cruise around.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm not thrilled with being tied down more than usual at home because of being an older Type 1 diabetic in Florida covid land. I don't let it bug me though. I think it helps that I am shallowly and easily satisfied with minor things.

For instance, Allegiant Airlines just announced flights from Punta Gorda to Midway. Amy and I picked up round trip tickets today for $42 each out the door. For the cost of going out for a cheap meal, we get to come see some buddies/family in Chicago. The fact I got a bargain flight makes me inordinately happy. More $$ for a decent rental car.

Now, I'm hoping the vaccine is here by December when we need to get on the plane...

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Stress has been a little accelerated with work being absolutely banana's.

Selling this place in Illinois and moving the Family down to Tennessee. It's been a bit of a roller coaster with all the ish ka bibble that comes along with this process.

I can tell you once it's all said and done, we will be very happy. Plus I do not intend on ever packing up all my shit and moving again, ever :rofl:

With that said, I'm alright mentally, looking forward to hanging in Big Blue a lil later today.

Decent post OP, if anyone needs to chat or whatever I am here for support too.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I second DEEZUZ DEEZUZ in saying that this place has always been home for me Mook Mook. I’ve been spotty lately with posting and meets, most of that can be blamed on what I alluded to in my previous post unfortunately, but coming on here is an ever welcome brain break in the dumpster fire my life has been the past year.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
This. I feel like I am running out of places to hide from this crap. ESPN used to be my safe place from politics but we all know how that is going. I find myself watching a lot of food network instead of sports as my "get away" now.
Same... I went on a Mike Holmes TV show binge (Holmes on Homes, Holmes Makes It Right, etc). Was a damn nice rabbit hole to fall down into. I then followed it up with a ton of Roadkill, Finnegan's Garage, Roadkill Garage, etc. Also did some "Whose Line Is It Anyways?"

Now I'm watching Formula 1 practice at Spa Francorchamps in Belgium.

Have avoided the news for a good week.

Reactions: Outlaw

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I second DEEZUZ DEEZUZ in saying that this place has always been home for me Mook Mook. I’ve been spotty lately with posting and meets, most of that can be blamed on what I alluded to in my previous post unfortunately, but coming on here is an ever welcome brain break in the dumpster fire my life has been the past year.
I second this. In the last few months I barely look at FB. It's just my primary point of connection to friends outside of the car interests. TCG has been a great replacement for it, and I find myself on TCG 10x more than I ever used FB.

Shit, I even stopped checking my Twitter feeds because of all the retweeted crap.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I second this. In the last few months I barely look at FB. It's just my primary point of connection to friends outside of the car interests. TCG has been a great replacement for it, and I find myself on TCG 10x more than I ever used FB.

Shit, I even stopped checking my Twitter feeds because of all the retweeted crap.

I suspended my Instagram and really only use FB for Marketplace transactions now. I may start a business page and post sole off of that on FB and get rid of that as well. Tired of all the toxic bullshit.

I will say that IG was not toxic for me personally like FB is, I just happened to spend way too much time on it.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Same... I went on a Mike Holmes TV show binge (Holmes on Homes, Holmes Makes It Right, etc). Was a damn nice rabbit hole to fall down into. I then followed it up with a ton of Roadkill, Finnegan's Garage, Roadkill Garage, etc. Also did some "Whose Line Is It Anyways?"

Now I'm watching Formula 1 practice at Spa Francorchamps in Belgium.

Have avoided the news for a good week.

If you have DIY network another good one is Barnwood Builders.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
So I bought my gun just a few months ago after years of shopping and debating and talking myself out of owning one rather than just renting them when I felt the need to go shooting. And man Im glad I did. Currently Im in my dream job making more money than I ever dreamed of, working from home, living in florida with my gorgeous wife and adorable kids. We got our dream home and are basically living the american dream.

But circling back to the gun topic, I never thought I'd be more focused on using my gun for protection rather than play/hobbie. Thats about my only stress at the moment. That somehow this horrible BLM horse shit will spill into my area and I will have to use that toy I bought to defend my family. I pray I never have to and never thought I'd have to even consider it. But here we are. Remove Covid and this BLM rioting crap, my life is good.

My next focus is what car Im going to buy since I sold my challenger a year ago to help us get into the house we wanted. I hope all you guys up north are able to keep your bills paid and your families safe. Even my haters. You guys too. Do yourselves a favor and get living as quickly as you can.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
If you have DIY network another good one is Barnwood Builders.
Yeah, I've watched a few of them. I have some saved on the DVR so the g/f can sit and watch them as well. I have two seasons of the Graham Norton show saved up that I need to watch. G/f can't keep up with the accents and the closed captioning is too distracting, so I watch them by myself. She does like Whose? though. My favorite skit is the Helping Hands. That is some damn funny work by Ryan and Colin.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
But circling back to the gun topic, I never thought I'd be more focused on using my gun for protection rather than play/hobbie. Thats about my only stress at the moment. That somehow this horrible BLM horse shit will spill into my area and I will have to use that toy I bought to defend my family. I pray I never have to and never thought I'd have to even consider it. But here we are. Remove Covid and this BLM rioting crap, my life is good.
Not happening, nothing to gain and more to lose for BLM
Current credit limit is $35k on my one card, but if I combine all 7 of mine it's $83k..

I'm almost there my man...
Been there for a couple of years iirc, and your not missing much, believe me lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info