How are you REALLY doing?

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Hi Y'all,

Like the title states, how are you REALLY doing? I mean, i know a lot of us don't like discussing how we really feel and everything is "fine." I had a long conversation with a buddy of mine back home (in Chicago). Every time i would ask him how he was, he kept saying he was fine. Well ultimately he broke down and called me. He told me that he was sorry for lying but he just was not mentally fine at all and felt like he had no one to talk to and even felt like he couldn't admit how he was doing because he felt it made him look weak. So my question to you is, how are you REALLY doing?

Me? I'm over this new world we live in (at least here in Cali). I moved out here with knowing nobody and it has been difficult to make friends out here because California people are flaky as fuck. Plus work has me putting in a lot of hours but still. I just feel so mentally drained and on empty. I just stopped caring, honestly. So, i'm working through all of that and trying to be ok. They still have a lot of things closed and on lock down out here.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I popped something in my left hip, on the back side just under the kidney. That was Saturday afternoon. Still hurts. Have resorted to using my cane to get around the house.

The dumb thing, I was working outside most of the day, so muscles loosened up, slight work out, etc. I had jumped in the shower to clean off and then was getting dressed for friends to come over. Standing i lifted my left knee up towards my chest to slip on sock and POP. Been fucked since.

Reactions: VenomInside

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Mental wellness is a huge issue nowadays and will be forever.

You can't suppress it and you need to swallow your pride and talk to someone at some point.

There is no shame in seeking help.

Me I'm OK, better than some worse than others.

My main stresses are home life, work life is 10x better than anybody else's I know that for a fact.

We good here, not much to discuss, I know what I need to do it's just a matter of doing it.

Thank you though OP. And to others - PLEASE SEEK HELP OR TALK TO SOMEONE. You are not alone!

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Earlier in the week was the first time in my life that I thought about calling my boss, and saying I quit. It was just that bad of a day. Work stress is at an all time high, throw in buying and selling a house. I'm surprised I'm doing as well as I am.

My home life is good though, which is about the only saving grace. Wife has taken on more responsibilities with the home sale/purchase, with my work schedule being so crazy.

And agree with DEEZUZ DEEZUZ don't be afraid of asking for or trying to find help. Get over that stigma. I'm not advocating going to a doctor and getting pilled up, but just TALKING to someone is a huge help.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
My friend texted me yesterday (well, we text pretty much daily, but...), asking me where time has gone. It was 30 years ago that he and I were new DeVry students, we were partying that first semester and Stevie Ray Vaughn passed away in a helicopter accident up at Alpine valley. Where did this time go...

Anyway, as we've been going back and forth, I said that the last few years have been tough. Losing my Grandmother then going through that house and all the memories, pictures, papers, etc... Then as I close in on 50, my not being able to do things like I once was as a youth. My bad knees, now I think I've tore something in my right shoulder, I've torn a bicep, torn a ligament off my foot, shit, I put a nail in my leg two weeks ago... So there is a lot of mileage on the old body too. :D

So it's coming to that realization that it's soon gonna be all downhill from here and it ain't gettin' any better. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Spivitz

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Work sucks, average probably at least 60 hours a week and everyday is a shit show of trying to uncover revenue that can be recognized in the quarter, but I don't let it get to me. With 4 kids, I'm never not busy...so there just isn't a lot of time to even reflect on things, which I can't say bothers me.

My escape is 9 holes of golf 4 nights a week between 10pm and midnight, and watching my kids sports.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I’m doing fine. Stress is a rare occurrence for me. I don’t know why but I never stress about shit. Is what it is.

Bummed about my car and the headache that’s coming along with it but otherwise fine. A bit annoyed by some house projects going on that I have little control over but one is finishing up today and the other is happening next week.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
The nonstop political and racial crap being pushed onto people today isn't helping much either with mental health. That stuff can really get to you over time. There is quite a bit of evil in this world, and much of it starts directly with the constant bombarding bullshit from the news. A lot of stress can be eliminated by simply not watching it or not being glued to your cellphone 24/7 like most people are, and being worn down mentally over time.

Take some "me" time everyday where you just sit an enjoy a beer or a cigar. Or exercise, i do a lot of biking, running, swimming, etc. Exercise really is a fantastic stress reliever.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
The nonstop political and racial crap being pushed onto people today isn't helping much either with mental health. That stuff can really get to you over time. There is quite a bit of evil in this world, and much of it starts directly with the constant bombarding bullshit from the news. A lot of stress can be eliminated by simply not watching it or not being glued to your cellphone 24/7 like most people are, and being worn down mentally over time.

Take some "me" time everyday where you just sit an enjoy a beer or a cigar. Or exercise, i do a lot of biking, running, swimming, etc. Exercise really is a fantastic stress reliever.

This. this all day. I stopped Facebook. I stopped reading/watching the news (I figure if something REALLY important happens, someone will tell me), I cut the toxic people out of my life (even family members), and honestly my quality of life improved dramatically. I wish I exercised more and was more healthy, and I just need to buckle down and start doing it.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Pretty much the same as most of you.... Work can be stressful at time, but I also love it at times, so I look at it that they cancel one another out.

Been thinking about making an appointment to see someone to talk to just to get all the other shit off my chest relating to family bullshit... Just feel like there is never any time to do so.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Pretty much the same as most of you.... Work can be stressful at time, but I also love it at times, so I look at it that they cancel one another out.

Been thinking about making an appointment to see someone to talk to just to get all the other shit off my chest relating to family bullshit... Just feel like there is never any time to do so.

i thought that's what Friday nights were for?

or would it be better if your brothers were not there :rofl:

Reactions: FESTER665

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL

This. I feel like I am running out of places to hide from this crap. ESPN used to be my safe place from politics but we all know how that is going. I find myself watching a lot of food network instead of sports as my "get away" now.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
This. I feel like I am running out of places to hide from this crap. ESPN used to be my safe place from politics but we all know how that is going. I find myself watching a lot of food network instead of sports as my "get away" now.
get off cable tv. find some youtubers that you enjoy that do things with your hobbies. So much better just watching those then cable tv and it is always stuff you enjoy.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
With the exception of COVID, I can't really complain about much. I miss being able to go out and do anything without having to wear a mask and be paranoid. It's gotten less stressful now that my older son is back in school and not doing e-learning. We also have a nanny to help with my youngest son during the day.

I wish people in general would just get along and stop dividing our country. Yes, there are still some inequities that can be addressed. It's sad that people are getting killed or killing for bullshit reasons. Why we can't all just smile and wave to each other without violence is beyond me. Also, the election can't end quickly enough. I've never seen our country so polarized in my lifetime.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Rum is always there for me in rough times lol. I just put things in perspective and realize I’m living the greatest time of my life. I have a healthy, smart 5 yo, making more money than I ever have, have a cool car and house, and my health. Both my parents are still alive also. Hit me up in 10 years when all I have is rum left lmao.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info