How are those these parts related to something going wrong...

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Soooooo going to the meet at five guys this past week, car started to act weird and upon the slightest accel at any speed the car would shake VIOLENTLY, and not in the steer wheel very much, but the car itself, like the body... and no not all over the road just crazy vibrations through the cars body and cabin

get the car on a lift on sat and find that the end link on the passenger side of the front of the car for my upgraded sway has literally gone missing, nothing is holding my sway to the car.... yaaaaaa :fu:

so today, get some moog endlinks and replace that side for now, got the other side to do when more time is avail... go for another drive... car still shakes like a bitch and has a few 40 year exp mechanics for MB completely puzzled...

Long story short, find out the passenger side cv shaft/ axel is loose and is the source of the problem *crosses fingers* but yea

So how are these correlated... the car is lowered with eibach springs but withOUT shorter dogbones... would that cause an increase in wear and tear on the axle over time and could that send it to its death or could it have been just the fact that the sway endlinkage was gone or both?

Just trying to see how all those parts tie together!

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
My half shafts shit the bed and while I was replacing those I noticed the sway bar was cracked all the way through, not connected to anything. Couldn't say for certain if the two were related breakage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• The Broken Regal
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list