How about a cooking or recipe section?

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
I'm sure I can't be the only one on this site that likes to cook and is always looking for new recipes. How about a TCG food section where we can swap recipes and good restaurants with each other? Just throwing it out there.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
IIRC this Q came up in the past. Not 100% sure tho. Mook?

The Italian

But not Italian
Donating Member
Reaction score
I agree... One sub-section for recipes and one for restaurant reviews/recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SMRTSS1

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
Sorry but I'm a foodie and we just so happen to live in the best town in the world for food. Plus I've got a great 3 cheese chicken recipe that's really good and simple to make.

BillyBru

FoodHead
Reaction score
I have a wife for cooking. About the only thing I make is cereal
oh ok captain crunch... :rofl:

I've mentioned a food section to mook. he replied with there may not be enough people who frequent it or something along those lines.

mook maybe as an option we could run like a month long section and see how it does. If it succeeds we can keep it, if not, we can toss it.

Some options-
1. Recipe Sharing
2. Restaurants to go to
3. Restaurant Reviews
4. How to/questions

:dunno: I'm just typing

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
i wouldnt mind adding something like "Local Flavor" or something to that effect.

could be restaurant reviews, stores, shops, whatever. share recipes, cooking tips, etc etc etc.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why not just make a huge thread like the "what made you say fuck yea today" thread? I think that would make more sense than a dedicated forum... its searchable, you can subscribe, it can go in off topic.

just my $.02.

Gypsy

Reaction score
Sounds awesome to me. I'd like to start cooking more but I'm pretty lost with what are good beginner things to try. In!

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
id like to have like a local section for reviews on shops, stores, restaurants, night life, etc etc...much like i said above...but i dont want the main page to get bloated w/ category after category.

maybe start out w/ eagle's thought on an actual cooking thread...see if it takes off, then if it does, i can make the case for a new section.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Goo idea. I made some killer slow cooked lamb shanks a couple weeks ago. Big hunk o meat on a stick. It was so Viking!!

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
off topic.

i'm considering just eliminating on topic all together. its basically just used for arguing anyway. off topic can serve that purpose. and it gets FAR great exposure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom