TS
TS
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I’ve partially seen about five episodes out of all the seasons of GoT. Could you let me know if it’s something I should watch, pretty much going in with no knowledge of it?
Don't need to watch the original show. This takes place almost 200 years before that.

TS
TS
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I Dont Arrested Development GIF

TS
TS
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
it felt like another network trying to copy GOT. It was mediocre at best, with barely passable acting and a ton of cgi. I mean if you really think about it, nothing happened. Just some random set pieces, cutting a baby out of a stomach and the daughter being a lesbian.

Not even Matt Smith could win me over. I'm of course in it till the end but that was a very weak opening.

I also realize I'm going to the only one that disliked it.

huggerorange73

Mega Fan Mike
Reaction score
Shocking reply from me, I know.
As expected.

It's the 1 episode that neede to establish things.

This was developed by the author, and he hand picked the show runner. They also totally developed this before coming to HBO with it, and they have retained total creative control over this story.

I have great faith in this series....take off your grumpy old man glasses 🤓

TS
TS
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
🤷 It didn't feel like cohesive storytelling. The "tournament" was a total waste of time. The constant meetings with the council was literal throwaway dialogue.

The random scenes with the princess and her girlfriend were weird.

The Prince's armor was fucking awesome tho. They nailed the costumes, I'll say that much. Oh and the music was legit.

You guys need to stop getting all pissy for calling out flaws. You can still enjoy a show while critiquing it's faults.

TS
TS
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'll walk my comments back a bit. It was a perfectly serviceable premier. But with the money behind it and the pedigree it's based on, I was expecting much more returning to that world.

I did enjoy the final minutes tho, tying the show to the original.

Rico

Regular
Reaction score
I enjoyed the 1st episode. I'm still bitter at how rushed the final season of GoT was but I will stay positive that creators of House of Dragon listened to others like me :p

TS
TS
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
How many dragons did they say they had? 10?

huggerorange73

Mega Fan Mike
Reaction score
Mook Mook nobody ignores flaws, because nothing is perfect.

This is a prequel set 172 years before the mother of dragons is born. It's also intended that watching the original 8 seasons is not required viewing to get into this.

With that in mind, it's normal for the 1st episode to be a tad of a snoozer as it has to introduce and establish all the players and the basic local.

The tournament wasn't as waste as it was mentioned that they're in a 60 year window of peace and prosperity, so an event like this is the only place it seems that the houses can wage "war".

The last 5 to 10 minutes made nice references to the original show, including the music.

So far, so good..... we'll see where this road leads to.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Didn't watch last night, will probably watch tonight.

But IMDB has a rating of 9.0 for the episode, which is really high.

Fish

From the quiet street
Donating Member
Reaction score
GoT episode 1 is what all new television series should strive to be in an opening episode. Especially walking through crypts talking about characters we will never meet save for flash backs and telling everyone who is who. Amazing. First class! HE CALLED THE KING FAT!! Brilliant.

Ok, I’ll stop being a smart ass. The premise is interesting and I hope it picks up. Wonder if skynet will be the baddie for the entire series.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
And it's in Dolby vision. And Atmos! My god!
Watched episode 1 last night, though I didn't watch in my home theater. I saw this Mook post last night after I watched it and now I know for next time to watch it down there.

I thought the episode was ok, not great but not terrible either.

Top Bottom