Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
annnnnnnnnd youre gonna have to click through to autoblog b/c all these car sites embed their own videos now, fuckers.

The CT5 sure sounds angry. The 4 sounds like another v6 BUT with a manual perhaps.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/31/cadillac-ct5v-ct4v-spied-videos-photos/#slide-2157568

Diving into the video seems more important than the photos on this one. Our spy shooters managed to capture great audio that allows us to take some guesses at what’s under the hood of these cars. The CT5-Vs in black and white camouflage sound like they have some gnarly V8s under their skin. We can’t pick up a supercharger whine or a turbocharger whistling away, but we’re not going to rule out the former. The CTS-V has a 6.2-liter supercharged V8 that makes 640 horsepower, and it wouldn’t be out of the question to see this car rival it in power. We still haven’t heard the CT6-V at full song, but the engine we’re listening to here just doesn’t strike us as the sound of a 4.2-liter twin-turbo V8 in that car. It sounds a lot more guttural, like the LT4 or LT5 V8 engines. Also, none of the CT5-Vs here sounded like they had manual transmissions.

Moving to the CT4-V in the blue getup, it sounds a lot like a V6 is under the hood. This also makes sense when we consider that the ATS-V had a 3.6-liter twin-turbo V6 itself. Most important of all to note, is the evidence of a manual transmission. In one of the acceleration clips, we’re able to hear the tell-tale sound of a driver pausing in acceleration for a split second to change gears. This is great news, folks. The manual is looking alive and well in the Cadillac sedan to us. Another clip of a CT4-V in black and white camouflage makes it sound like that particular model is equipped with an automatic transmission, indicating that Cadillac may be offering both transmission options on the new car.

As for the rest of the photos, go ahead and take in all the close-up details. We got photos of the tires on the CT4-V, showing 255/35/ZR18s up front and 275/35/ZR18s in back. Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S rubber is used, telling us this thing is going to have a ton of grip. There are more vents, wider fenders and more aggressive styling throughout on these cars compared to the lower-performance V cars. Now that we’re looking at them from much closer than before, the package is looking even more comprehensive.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
What a disappointment.

The CT4-V has only 324hp.

What an insult to what was built with the "V" brand. Even the V-Sport was more impressive with 420hp.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
What a disappointment.

The CT4-V has only 324hp.

What an insult to what was built with the "V" brand. Even the V-Sport was more impressive with 420hp.

But 380lb of tq....and probably not going to be the top end CT4-V

Reactions: Yaj Yak

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I think we all sort of voiced our displeasure in this thread;

As well as the general populous. Cadillac heard the collective "thud" over these two cars and has promised us that there are more potent "V" models coming.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
meHHHHH

real world performance > marketing hp numbers.

i have ZERO idea how many horsepowers or torks a new bmw m5 has, but if i had bmw m5 money to blow, i dont know for sure i'd even look it up before i was handing over duckets.

You are not the average consumer. You are anything but average.

and I agree with you

Last edited:
Reactions: Yaj Yak

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
meHHHHH

real world performance > marketing hp numbers.

i have ZERO idea how many horsepowers or torks a new bmw m5 has, but if i had bmw m5 money to blow, i dont know for sure i'd even look it up before i was handing over duckets.
And if a Camry gave you a run for your money would you still have zero cares?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
When Cadillac announced the CT4-V and CT5-V after having such great fire breathing cars like the ATS-V and CTS-V...

All the V peeps and enthusiasts in general went;

Picard_e03f35_434385.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info