hot rotors

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
gridlife season closer went into the night - i got in during the right time for sure; sunset was at 7:18 and my session ran 7:20-7:40. it was still light enough to see stuff ok, but dark enough to have these hot boys show up. by the end of my session things were getting dark enough that i was making more mistakes, relying much more on cones (and no one moving them) and simply not being able to distinguish between the narrow runs of concrete track out vs. dirt - definitely getting sketchier.

it wasn't much longer until things were real dark out there - with a few lights that they put up throughout (gingerman doesn't have lighting) which only helped a bit. my buddy in a k powered miata still pulled out 3rd fastest lap in the evening (not far off the 1st) if anyone is looking for a 24 hour night ringer. it sure ain't me, it gets a lot harder driving at night! cool experience and harder than i thought. particularly so for me at gingerman which is easily my worst track.

a buddy got some video at turn 1 with them getting pretty bright red - although i need to grab that vid from him to stick it on youtube. in the mean time i did snag a pic from one of the photographers.

we also got to see a preview of some of the gridlife changes coming up - and one of the cool things is they will be taking into account club classes, like our 86 cup will actually be recognized and elevated at their events!

6Hrrnvn.jpg

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
That's cool that you had a chance to do that at least.

A few years back, I ran at Autobahn in Lemons overnight, and it was one of the most unsettling experiences that I have had behind the wheel of a car. I had a difficult time with the blinding lights behind and in my mirrors and knowing if a car was right up on me or 100 feet back. I rely on visual cues for braking and turn in points, and could no longer do so. I went off a few times and just didn't feel comfortable. On of my team members absolutely loved the night driving, however. I feel like I would need to light things up like Wrigley Field in front of my car to do well at it. Still, it was a unique experience.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info