Hossein Ensan wins 2019 WSOP Main Event

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I watched the entire final table over three nights. Some tremendous poker played by some great players.

Amy had already gotten up and gone to work before the last hand at around 5 A.M. Eastern time. I watched for 8 hours. What a marathon!

Congrats to a good guy, 55 y.o. Hossein Ensan. Ensan is Iranian but has lived in Germany for the last 30 years. There are some great players in Germany.

American players used to be the best but the government shutting down online poker in 2011 has hurt the quality of American players. You have to move to Vegas or a couple other states or out of the country if you want to play online in America.

Check out what $10 mil in cash looks like. Plus there's the $450K bracelet that's worth a lot more than it costs since Hossein will probably get comped into tournaments for years to come. Congratulations!

https://twitter.com/PokerCentral/status/1151427370810658816?s=20

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Can't get over how much Sammartino looks identical to Pablo Schreiber

Hot-Pictures-Pablo-Schreiber.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Sammartino is a polite, nice guy. He would have been another great champ. I think, even though he's only 32, he got tired sooner than Ensan did. The last hand was risky and he was the underdog in it.

Imagine using your brain at full power (with a few breaks) for 8 hours or more for ten days. Some of the players have reported losing 5-10 lbs during main event week.

Sammartino's gallery was amazing. They cheered, sang, danced for the entire 8 hours. Don't know how they did that. Tremendous support for their player.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Flyn
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list