Hoover Dam is losing a lot of its water

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Yeah, and? Watering grass to make it green so you can mow it seems like a waste to me. No one will remember how green your grass was.

Its a right of passage for man/dads to have the best kept lawns. Everyone needs a "Bill" to talk shit about with his unkept grass.

Except you get much more yearly rainfall and probably don’t need to water it on top of that to make it green. What I’m saying is that’s why it should be outlawed HERE in the desert because it flat out isn’t supposed to be a thing in nature to have perfectly manicured grass. It’s a huge fucking waste of perfectly good water.

This also sounds amazing cause Id just have cacti in my yard and dont need to water them. Plus keeps critters and other kids out of it. :rofl:

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
By me you have three types of water used for your lawn..city water, water retention ponds, and well water and two types for house water well and city.

in my neighborhood depending on where you house is located it’s a mix of ponds and well water for lawn irrigation.

As for house water I’m on city water with city sewer and well water for irrigation. Still have a good amount of homes on well and septic I’m the older part of town.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I wouldn't mind having a well for irrigation and washing cars, then city for for the house. My sewer bill is a percentage of water used, so if I wash the cars a lot or water the lawn, the sewer side goes up, even though it's not being used. Where I am at the they won't allow wells in incorporated areas cause it would take away money from the village's pockets.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
you would not want to wash will well water.
filtration would be required
That's the problem I have down at my dad's, he's on well water. So have to take his truck to the next house down and use their city water.

Which, get this, comes to the house at 100psi. The house is like 100 years old, so all the water pipe fittings started to leak. Had to use a reducer down to 40psi to get it under control.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Gav'sPurpleZ Gav'sPurpleZ A DISLIKE WTF MAN IM TRYN' TO KEEP THESE NUMBERS UP

giphy.gif

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
some city water is just repackaged well water pumped by your cities and distributed, and probably just treated enough to be potable. But when I hear "city water" I think of lake michigan water.

You can go to your city’s water website and it’ll tell you where it’s from. In Aurora ours is 60% fox river and 40% from wells.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
You can go to your city’s water website and it’ll tell you where it’s from. In Aurora ours is 60% fox river and 40% from wells.

My brother in law works for the City of Aurora in the water treatment plant. He's an anti-vax, covid denier. He thinks it's government control/5G/<insert conspiracy theory here>. His LITERAL JOB is putting chemicals in the water.

giphy.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info