Hoover Dam is losing a lot of its water

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
A lot of which isn’t drinkable without being desalinated, which requires a serious amount of energy.

edit: also sea (salt) water would kill the crops.
You’re right. But with technology nowadays, I think by now we could desalinate it.

We have wind farms, solar panels, etc…

But I’m no scientist. Lol

Our planet is dependent on oil just as much as water too.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
the middle east relies on desalination. Dubai wouldn't exist without desalination plants. Cruise ships also desalinate their fresh water. It just requires an enormous amount of energy but its a fundamental need for survival so you have to do what you can.

We are quite fortunate to live next to the great lakes, something a lot of people take for granted.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
giphy.gif

So out of the blue here. I'm just wondering how we have these random memes.. Like are these actors that just sent out random highly used phrases with heavily accent on the body language?

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
IIRC when the damn was built and the lake created back in the 1930's the population is was supporting was about 600,000. Now it's about 9,000,000. It also provides drinking water to Arizona, Nevada, and part of Mexico, and is also responsible for generating electricity for parts of Arizona, California and Nevada.
We export water through our deserts to Mexico?! :trump:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Yeah, and? Watering grass to make it green so you can mow it seems like a waste to me. No one will remember how green your grass was.
Except you get much more yearly rainfall and probably don’t need to water it on top of that to make it green. What I’m saying is that’s why it should be outlawed HERE in the desert because it flat out isn’t supposed to be a thing in nature to have perfectly manicured grass. It’s a huge fucking waste of perfectly good water.

Reactions: Outlaw
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info