đź”– Deals Hookup on getting tires mounted?

A and J at 87th and Harlem does them for 5 to mount 5 to balance and 5 to dismount.

Is that a "deal"? I figured that was about going rate. If your just looking for dirty cheap try a Walmart with a car care center. I think its not even $10 a tire mounted and balanced. Not saying it is going to be done by skilled tradesmen to the highest of standards though.

rocco

Addict
Jan 19, 2012
Aurora, IL
Is that a "deal"? I figured that was about going rate. If your just looking for dirty cheap try a Walmart with a car care center. I think its not even $10 a tire mounted and balanced. Not saying it is going to be done by skilled tradesmen to the highest of standards though.

No, Walmart is a ripoff. They wanted $60 to mount and balance 2 tires. I got them done at NTB for $20 for 2 tires.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
an NTB store (in central IL) once told me my struts were leaking too, they were brand new struts with 10 miles on them. I wiped away the oil they sprayed on them and they never "leaked" again.
I worked for the Antioch store for a few months and I ultimately got fired because I wouldn't lie to people. No joke. People would come in with 10, 15k mile cars and want cheap oil change. Half the time the other salesmen would sell them things they didn't need. I only told someone they needed something if I had genuine concern. Needless to say, I had a lot of customers who liked dealing with me. Boss didn't like that I wasn't honest and I was let go for "insufficient sales numbers" even though I was 2/6 in terms of sales numbers , only behind the service manager who lied to people. Interesting, huh?

I worked for the Antioch store for a few months and I ultimately got fired because I wouldn't lie to people. No joke. People would come in with 10, 15k mile cars and want cheap oil change. Half the time the other salesmen would sell them things they didn't need. I only told someone they needed something if I had genuine concern. Needless to say, I had a lot of customers who liked dealing with me. Boss didn't like that I wasn't honest and I was let go for "insufficient sales numbers" even though I was 2/6 in terms of sales numbers , only behind the service manager who lied to people. Interesting, huh?

What I would like to know is how NTB stays in business? Everyone know they are a total rip-off and only go there once in their lives. Then never again. No return customers! How the hell do they stay in business?

rocco

Addict
Jan 19, 2012
Aurora, IL
I think your the first person in history NOT to be screwed over by NTB. Unless you had an in over there, NTB is usually sky high.

I was surprised also. I told Walmart I had 2 tires off the car with 2 new ones that needed to be mounted and balanced. It was the Oswego Walmart on 34. After they said $60 I just walked out.

I stopped by NTB on the way home just to see what they would say and it was $20. I was shocked because I've got estimates for tires from them in the past and their prices were sky high.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info