• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Hood build

Decided to try and make the 2003 mustang scoop style hood I've always thought would look goon on our cars. Here's a few pics of what I've done so far. Lots more work and somehow I need to learn to use a dolly and hammer.
marauderbc4e-albums-hood-build-picture2698-tape-ups-cut-lines.jpg

marauderbc4e-albums-hood-build-picture2697-tape-ups-cut-lines.jpg

marauderbc4e-albums-hood-build-picture2701-front-view-cut-wedged.jpg

Still working it. I bought a corner gauge from Home Depot and marked every 2 inches along both sides so i can get the contours as close as possible to each other. I have a little more to go. I need to treat the inside of the hood with a rust converting paint before I weld it up. I also need to find a source for some clean sheet metal. Pretty sure Alro metals will have it so I'll call this week. Also need to get enough sheet metal to practice with the tig before I hit the real thing. I don't know if I'll have the patience to leave it in primer!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info