Honeywell Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat $225

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
Curious. Why did you go with a honeywell VS a Nest.

I can't speak for OP but I recently just went the WiFi thermostat route. Most of the Honeywell units seem to have better if not the same features and reviews as a Nest at less cost. Many people have said the learning feature is not all that great anyway (yet to be seen for me). I originally bought a Filtrete 3m-50 which was considerably cheaper (actually have it listed for sale on here) but in the end I got a killer deal on a refurb Nest and the girlfriend liked it because it looked better.

Something I liked more about the 3M-50 over the Nest was that it has its own webserver built in and doesn't need to go through the cloud if configured properly. Most other thermostats including the Nest you have to go through a 3rd-Party site to control them which opens up the door to be more easily hacked IMO and makes it harder to integrate into other home automation systems.

If the Nest doesn't "blow me away" in a month or two and the 3M-50 doesn't sell I'd probably ditch the Nest to and install the 3M-50. Its kind of gimmicky IMO

bigsammoe

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Gurnee
to return it they want to hit me with a 15% restocking..since i am passed 30 days.

i went with this one over nest for the same reasons it not having to learn my settings.. and since we are on the 4th floor in the corner unit it will always be changing and never be the same. The nest also did not look like the unit we have now so i was trying to have it look the same to what we have as well. Also the nest was part of some wind power saving program and this one worked for our comed plan from what the rep told me.

i am fighting home depot on this, for a return but just wanted to get some money since rent is due next monday.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
se4amyje.jpg

Just got one. Thing is sweet!!!!

Thread Info