Honeywell Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat $225

OP
B

bigsammoe

Reaction score
well i am not charging tax and figured 225 is good..

lastls1

Reaction score
I live in an apt and was looking into these are they hard to install>? liek could I install it and then take it off and put the old one back on when i move out?

OP
B

bigsammoe

Reaction score
Yep super easy, look up the youtube video...

i was just going to put it on and take it when we leave but dont want to lose a secuirty desposit because they saw it one the wall.. yadda yadda

lastls1

Reaction score
Yep super easy, look up the youtube video...

i was just going to put it on and take it when we leave but dont want to lose a secuirty desposit because they saw it one the wall.. yadda yadda
Will def look at youtube video after work today

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
....why don't you just return it... :rofl:

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
Curious. Why did you go with a honeywell VS a Nest.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I bought one similar to the OP... and I'll field this as well... I personally didn't want the Nest "learning" me. I don't have a set schedule per say... and I'd rather just have simple wifi capability from a reputable company

muskie

Reaction score
I can't speak for OP but I recently just went the WiFi thermostat route. Most of the Honeywell units seem to have better if not the same features and reviews as a Nest at less cost. Many people have said the learning feature is not all that great anyway (yet to be seen for me). I originally bought a Filtrete 3m-50 which was considerably cheaper (actually have it listed for sale on here) but in the end I got a killer deal on a refurb Nest and the girlfriend liked it because it looked better.

Something I liked more about the 3M-50 over the Nest was that it has its own webserver built in and doesn't need to go through the cloud if configured properly. Most other thermostats including the Nest you have to go through a 3rd-Party site to control them which opens up the door to be more easily hacked IMO and makes it harder to integrate into other home automation systems.

If the Nest doesn't "blow me away" in a month or two and the 3M-50 doesn't sell I'd probably ditch the Nest to and install the 3M-50. Its kind of gimmicky IMO

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
My boss has had nest for a while now, and its totally awesome he says. Has the app and can control from home too.

OP
B

bigsammoe

Reaction score
to return it they want to hit me with a 15% restocking..since i am passed 30 days.

i went with this one over nest for the same reasons it not having to learn my settings.. and since we are on the 4th floor in the corner unit it will always be changing and never be the same. The nest also did not look like the unit we have now so i was trying to have it look the same to what we have as well. Also the nest was part of some wind power saving program and this one worked for our comed plan from what the rep told me.

i am fighting home depot on this, for a return but just wanted to get some money since rent is due next monday.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
you realize that a 15% restocking fee will give you 233.75 right? :rofl:

OP
B

bigsammoe

Reaction score
you got it right muskie! passed 30 days... store credit

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom