Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Not bad :eek3:

For starters, a reminder that a stock Type R is specified as making 306 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque.

Hondata's FlashPro kit costs $695, and for that sum you get the following gains:

• With 91 octane gasoline: 33 hp, 39 lb-ft.
  • With 93 octane: 47 hp, 72 lb-ft.
  • With E25 (25 percent ethanol): 58 hp, 78 lb-ft.

Here's a dynamometer graph showing a stock Type R vs. a car programmed with the 93-octane tune. Note that the stock Type R's output was better than advertised. So that puts total output of the Hondata-flashed car at 364 horsepower and 404 pound-feet.

velKS19.gif

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Gotta love those turbo motors.

I wonder what it would do with E70+. Probably waiting for fuel upgrades for that though.

It seems a lot of reviews loved the way the car handles. I wonder if that extra torque and power will help? I bet if it sticks the tires out of the corner it will shave some time off. Could be quite the pocket rocket.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
All this civility should in no way suggest that the Type R cannot hustle. The engine’s computer lets it rev freely to only 3500 rpm, making the optimal launch the result of carefully modulating the clutch and throttle to avoid bogging. Get it right and you’ll be running at a 108-mph clip when the quarter-mile flashes by after 13.5 seconds. That makes the Type R easily the quickest front-driver we’ve ever tested—and just a couple ticks slower than most of its more expensive, all-wheel-drive competition. And none of its rivals can shed speed like the Civic can, its four-piston, 13.8-inch Brembo front brakes and upgraded 12.0-inch rear stoppers biting hard via a firm—if longish-travel—brake pedal.

that's an impressive trap for a 13.5 i feel like

https://www.caranddriver.com/honda/civic-type-r

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info