Honda Recalls 273,000 Acura TLs

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
just a heads up to...probably no one

First it was Ford with its Mustang recall, now Honda is getting into the game with 273,000 Acura TLs produced between 2004 ad 2008. While the Ford problem was relatively improbably and unlikely to cause a problem, the Acura recall involves underhood fire. Seems the culprit is high under hood heat leading to a failure in a power steering line leading to hydraulic fluid leaking onto the catalytic converter ending in the potential for fire.

The other problem is way less sexy and has to do with a short circuit leading to a failure in the wiper motor circuit - boring. Fixes are of course available from dealers, but boy howdy, under hood fires sure is an exciting recall failure mode.

fretburnr

Heel&Toe Hero
Reaction score
Yeah the cars are nice - but their owners are as prickish as BMW owners and they have an inferiority complex. This makes me disgusted in the cars by transitive property.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Reaction score
hmmm.... i see a bimmer in your sig.....:rolleyes:

j/p

i know, they give good guys like u a bad name

EmersonHart13

AKA Emerballs & Emerstaxxx
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah the cars are nice - but their owners are as prickish as BMW owners and they have an inferiority complex. This makes me disgusted in the cars by transitive property.

So true....:biggthump:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom