Honda Grom

Turtle

Addict
Mar 21, 2011
These things look like a blast. I saw some from racing on the track.

Sadly I think its a downgrade to a motorcycle(sv650) that I currently have.

I've been on a gy6 ruckus. While fun for the moment, not sure if I can own one to use.

If I didn't have a motorcycle already, I would consider the grom as a toy.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
These things look like a blast. I saw some from racing on the track.

Sadly I think its a downgrade to a motorcycle(sv650) that I currently have.

I've been on a gy6 ruckus. While fun for the moment, not sure if I can own one to use.

If I didn't have a motorcycle already, I would consider the grom as a toy.

That's why I like the grom. It's a toy to me, not a legitimate motorcycle or means of transport. I had a Honda CH80 (elite) and it was a blast gooning it around town, but, it only did 40mph and was NOT fun riding on some of the 45-50 mph roads I've got out here in Lake Zurich/ Barrington. I was looking for an elite 110-150 when I found out about the grom, and the fact that it'll do 60 comfortably and has a conventional transmission as opposed to the scooters CVT system appeals to me from a fun standpoint. What's not to love about a "scooter" with gears that can do wheelies ;)

I'm personally not incredibly comfortable street riding because of dumb fucks on the road and every time I get comfortable with the fact of buying a bike, someone local always seems to get in an accident or killed by an idiot in a car. This is going to be an around town toy/ stepping stone bike. It'll be great for my sub five mile round trip work commute, 10 mile Luke's commute, etc... I've had fast dirt bikes and am no stranger to riding, I just don't trust the general population at the end of the day.

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
Got in trouble for riding it in my own house [emoji35]
uqype4ad.jpg

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
My GROM loves the longer trips haha. I live in Lake Zurich and so far it's been to Sycamore, Sugar Grove, Park Ridge, Batavia, West Chicago and Woodstock. All of which are at least a 25 mile one-way trip. I don't mind the "lack" of power. It's kinda fun navigating city streets and back roads as opposed to just hopping on the freeway.

In the first seven days I owned the Grom I put 350 miles on it. Regrettably, that number is just over 400 now, two weeks later. Damn rain always pops out of nowhere so if there's more than a 20% chance I don't risk it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info