🏡 Better Homes Home Solar systems

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Just got a quote from sun power on a 11.2kW system that will cover 90% of current usage. The numbers add up for me as far as being worthwhile. just a debate of how long we want to finance now. 10yrs at .99%, 15yrs at 1.99% or push it out to 20yrs at I think 3%.

we have a new roof going on the house starting Monday, going to make a decision when that’s finished up.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Some self promotion. I work for IGS energy. We install solar in addition to supplying green electricity and natural gas.
If anyone is interested in a free proposal I can have my team work one up and go over the details with you.
We are mostly installing systems in Illinois through the state subsidized Illinois shines program. It is a PPA (power purchase agreement), IGS owns and maintains the panels. We do the install, permits, etc at $0 cost to you. You pay nothing at all. Since it is a state subsidized program we only will install if it is guaranteed to save you money.
The advantages of this program are the fact that you are out of pocket no money and we make it very simple.
To qualify for the program your roof must be in condition, have access to enough sunlight to make the project feasible, and we do a soft credit pull (no impact to score or reporting) since we will be installing a lot of equipment at our expense on your roof.

Any questions, hit me up!
Pete Schuch
331-251-4571

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
Just got a quote from sun power on a 11.2kW system that will cover 90% of current usage. The numbers add up for me as far as being worthwhile. just a debate of how long we want to finance now. 10yrs at .99%, 15yrs at 1.99% or push it out to 20yrs at I think 3%.

we have a new roof going on the house starting Monday, going to make a decision when that’s finished up.

Man, the rates are good right now. I'm at 20yrs, 4.99%.

Still made sense to me though because of all the rebates I got back

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Some self promotion. I work for IGS energy. We install solar in addition to supplying green electricity and natural gas.
If anyone is interested in a free proposal I can have my team work one up and go over the details with you.
We are mostly installing systems in Illinois through the state subsidized Illinois shines program. It is a PPA (power purchase agreement), IGS owns and maintains the panels. We do the install, permits, etc at $0 cost to you. You pay nothing at all. Since it is a state subsidized program we only will install if it is guaranteed to save you money.
The advantages of this program are the fact that you are out of pocket no money and we make it very simple.
To qualify for the program your roof must be in condition, have access to enough sunlight to make the project feasible, and we do a soft credit pull (no impact to score or reporting) since we will be installing a lot of equipment at our expense on your roof.

Pete Schuch
331-251-4571
hmmm interesting

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish

Pete Schuch
331-251-4571

This is interesting indeed. Almost TOO interesting.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Hit me up! The program is going good so far. Most folks will save anywhere from $15-$25k over 25 years. Not crazy money but it beats giving it all to the utility and the nice thing is you have a fixed rate for 25 years. The cost of gas and electric is going up an average of 3.5% per year. You save money right off the top but even more down the line.
This program is made possible through Illinois shines, a state funded incentive program for people to go solar. All part of Illinois initiative to be carbon neutral by 2030 and 100% renewable by 2050.
Also, tbh, every ComEd customer is paying for this already. If you look at your bill there is a line item for energy efficiency programs. The no cost solar is one of those. If your roof qualifies, you might as well go for it.
If anyone is interested, shoot me a text or call and we can have a chat.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Hit me up! The program is going good so far. Most folks will save anywhere from $15-$25k over 25 years. Not crazy money but it beats giving it all to the utility and the nice thing is you have a fixed rate for 25 years. The cost of gas and electric is going up an average of 3.5% per year. You save money right off the top but even more down the line.
This program is made possible through Illinois shines, a state funded incentive program for people to go solar. All part of Illinois initiative to be carbon neutral by 2030 and 100% renewable by 2050.
Also, tbh, every ComEd customer is paying for this already. If you look at your bill there is a line item for energy efficiency programs. The no cost solar is one of those. If your roof qualifies, you might as well go for it.
If anyone is interested, shoot me a text or call and we can have a chat.
So what’s the catch?

Illinois shines pays all the materials, labor, permits, we high five and I own the panels/electricity they produce the second you walk off my property?

I’m about ready to sign with sunrun.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
So what’s the catch?

Illinois shines pays all the materials, labor, permits, we high five and I own the panels/electricity they produce the second you walk off my property?

Just to let you know sunrun is going to run EMT conduit all over your roof and side of your house. If you care at all about aesthetics look for an installer that will run the conduit inside your house

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Good to know. It’s going to have to be somewhat of a mess though, I’ll have panels on 3 sides of the upper roof and on the attached garage. I don’t have a nice big clean roof to do it all on one array.

CB64A22E-8032-455C-9EE6-4C7319202926.jpeg

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
So what’s the catch?

From want I've heard, they are sunRUN away from them. I have no personal experience, so by no means do I know this to be true though. I had GRNE do ground mount for me

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
So what’s the catch?

Are you purchasing from SunRun or doing a PPA?

We are offering a solar through a PPA (Power Purchase Agreement). You purchase the power that the panels produce at a rate between 9.5-9.9 cents per kwh. Comeds all in rate is currently 13.48 cents per kwh. This is where your savings exist. With a PPA you will not own the panels. I have not seen a SunRun PPA that we haven't beat on rate. A PPA is designed to be advantages to all partys.
IGS gets the tax incentives for installing a system
You as the customer get a guaranteed discount on the electric you are purchasing and are not responsible for any maintenance.
Illinois moves closer to their "green" goals.

If you purchase the panels you will save more than a PPA in the long run. However if you aren't going to be in the home forever or don't want to have to put cash down/get a loan, a ppa can be a better option.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Pete I'll ping you.

I am familiar with a PPA, but so what happens if I sell my house in 3 years?
The PPA is designed to be transferable to the next owner. This is very common practice now. It would be part of the closing process on the house. Typically homes with solar sell faster than equivalent.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info