🏡 Better Homes Home HVAC

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Explain this to me please?
View attachment 156580

Like WTF happened Saturday that hvac ran for 17 hours?

Also. I noticed my nest will read 68 when it's set to 68 the big fan will shut down, inducer stays on for 2 mins, burners kick right back on as does the big fan again. It'll do this for almost forever until I drop the temp

My guess.. and I’m no expert but had this happen to me…. The Flame sensor is dirty?

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.

Signs of a bad flame sensor​

As with any other component in your heating and cooling system, the flame sensor can go bad. If your furnace stops working properly, look for warning signs that your flame sensor has failed:

• Furnace burners turn on but go out after a few seconds
  • Soot and other debris is covering the end of the sensor (cleaning the flame sensor may fix this issue rather than a flame sensor replacement)
  • Tip of flame sensor is black
  • Porcelain/sensor casing is cracked

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Sounds more like a pressure switch kicking the furnace out. Flame sensors are rarely an intermittent issue.

Probably a dirty P Trap inside the furnace, water backing up into the hoses and intermittently causing pressure switch to drop the burners out
I recall having to clean some. Hoses of water few years ago. Clear corrugated hoses. There should be no water in there?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I recall having to clean some. Hoses of water few years ago. Clear corrugated hoses. There should be no water in there?
They should all end up in a plastic box looking thing that is the P Trap before it leaves the furnace to drain. Pull all the hoses and run water through them. Dust and crud just tend to accumulate over time. Prob slow draining p trap.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
House loves 66. Furnace never runs lol

Screenshot_20230324_203828_Home.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Explain this to me please?
View attachment 156580

Like WTF happened Saturday that hvac ran for 17 hours?

Also. I noticed my nest will read 68 when it's set to 68 the big fan will shut down, inducer stays on for 2 mins, burners kick right back on as does the big fan again. It'll do this for almost forever until I drop the temp

CONGRATS ON YOUR LEAFS

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info