3800 HOLY CRAP THIS RAIN

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Im over at my friends house in Warrenville right now.

we just pushed a old car out of 3 ft of water.... the whole street is flooded it wouldnt stop.. my grand prix was like 15ft of where it was creeping up from.

me and 3 friends were the only ones doing anything while the cops just sat there :rolleyes:

we were undoing the sewer grates and manholes to drain it... thank god it worked.

my clothes are drying now :p

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
There is pretty bad flooding over here. The park I play baseball at is about 15 feet below the street with a small pond at the bottom. The pond is now a lake and was overflowing onto the street 15 feet above.

I pulled out the truck and tried to see if it could float. It got pretty stubborn at 2 feet of water.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
rain ?

you should see the hail i had here AGAIN.... 3 rd time in 4 weeks... I put some in the freezer and its huge as hell. GXP was sitting outside and i moved it to the garage. That stuff was hitting really hard and i sounded like the windows were going to break out of the car .... Hope its not dented up too badly ......

I threw some in the freezer ... they were bigger than marbles ....

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by Mike K@Oct 2 2006, 11:42 PM
There is pretty bad flooding over here.  The park I play baseball at is about 15 feet below the street with a small pond at the bottom.  The pond is now a lake and was overflowing onto the street 15 feet above.

I pulled out the truck and tried to see if it could float.  It got pretty stubborn at 2 feet of water.
[snapback]141416[/snapback]​

I did that with my old Taurus one time.. car made it, headfirst mind you, all the way till the water was at the bottom of the door frame (hey I sped up to try to blow through it, oops misjudged how big it was) and the engine died. I pushed it out after taking off my socks, shoes, and rolling up my jeans, started it up she started just like normal, misfired a couple times, but she was good to go. Smoked a little at stop lights for about 20 minutes, but never did have any other problems with the car, until I totalled it. :lol:

FWIW That street is on a slight decline, and I wasnt even near 1/2 way into the water.

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
I talked to my parents (they are in Justice, IL) and they said they got it pretty bad last night. Got about 3-4 inches of water in the basement! Last I talked to my mom they were still out of power and phones.. but she was at the hospital since my dad had knee surgery this morning. Bad timing for them to have to clean this all up when he can't walk for a little while! :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info