• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

HOLY CRAP THIS RAIN

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
Im over at my friends house in Warrenville right now.

we just pushed a old car out of 3 ft of water.... the whole street is flooded it wouldnt stop.. my grand prix was like 15ft of where it was creeping up from.

me and 3 friends were the only ones doing anything while the cops just sat there :rolleyes:

we were undoing the sewer grates and manholes to drain it... thank god it worked.

my clothes are drying now :p

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
There is pretty bad flooding over here. The park I play baseball at is about 15 feet below the street with a small pond at the bottom. The pond is now a lake and was overflowing onto the street 15 feet above.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
There is pretty bad flooding over here. The park I play baseball at is about 15 feet below the street with a small pond at the bottom. The pond is now a lake and was overflowing onto the street 15 feet above.

I pulled out the truck and tried to see if it could float. It got pretty stubborn at 2 feet of water.

beyerch

Reaction score
rain ?

you should see the hail i had here AGAIN.... 3 rd time in 4 weeks... I put some in the freezer and its huge as hell. GXP was sitting outside and i moved it to the garage. That stuff was hitting really hard and i sounded like the windows were going to break out of the car .... Hope its not dented up too badly ......

I threw some in the freezer ... they were bigger than marbles ....

beyerch

Reaction score
oh yeah nad last week we had 4 trees knocked down on our street .... crazy weather ...

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
Originally posted by Mike K@Oct 2 2006, 11:42 PM
There is pretty bad flooding over here.  The park I play baseball at is about 15 feet below the street with a small pond at the bottom.  The pond is now a lake and was overflowing onto the street 15 feet above.

I pulled out the truck and tried to see if it could float.  It got pretty stubborn at 2 feet of water.
[snapback]141416[/snapback]​
I did that with my old Taurus one time.. car made it, headfirst mind you, all the way till the water was at the bottom of the door frame (hey I sped up to try to blow through it, oops misjudged how big it was) and the engine died. I pushed it out after taking off my socks, shoes, and rolling up my jeans, started it up she started just like normal, misfired a couple times, but she was good to go. Smoked a little at stop lights for about 20 minutes, but never did have any other problems with the car, until I totalled it. :lol:

FWIW That street is on a slight decline, and I wasnt even near 1/2 way into the water.

GTPquickRB

Reaction score
Hmmm.....75 and a clear night sky...I have no clue what you guys are talking about :lol:

dsk727

Reaction score
I talked to my parents (they are in Justice, IL) and they said they got it pretty bad last night. Got about 3-4 inches of water in the basement! Last I talked to my mom they were still out of power and phones.. but she was at the hospital since my dad had knee surgery this morning. Bad timing for them to have to clean this all up when he can't walk for a little while! :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom