BUILD Holden on to hope

OP
Charlie_Boy7

Charlie_Boy7

Addict
Reaction score
update: Cyl 6 is done. They said its right around 90 ( im sure you guys know where it should be. Shopping for a used 5.7 now. Gonna tow it back and prep for the swap

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Yupp, this is what they said. I definitely appreciate the help! The search begins
For the sake of things please keep it with a true ls. I know the truck motors are cheap and effective but I hate seein nice cars done like that.

I know where there's a mild built 400hp ls2 here in Central ne for 2k if that's somethin your interested in.

OP
Charlie_Boy7

Charlie_Boy7

Addict
Reaction score
For the sake of things please keep it with a true ls. I know the truck motors are cheap and effective but I hate seein nice cars done like that.

I know where there's a mild built 400hp ls2 here in Central ne for 2k if that's somethin your interested in.
I just had this argument with a buddy of mine finally someone gets it! I dont want a 5.3 or anything else really. Im not settling for any of the other variations. I'll keep you in mind if I can find one locally. That's about an 8hr haul

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
I just had this argument with a buddy of mine finally someone gets it! I dont want a 5.3 or anything else really. Im not settling for any of the other variations. I'll keep you in mind if I can find one locally. That's about an 8hr haul
I just appreciate you keepin it real man this is gonna be one sweet ride

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Ha! Already locked onto a 130k mile running fbody LS1. Planning on picking it up next weekend. Then I'll have some cooler updates lol
Cool stuff is cool stuff long as your buildin

After runnin my mouth a 5.3 with some assembly required fell in my lap for basically nothin so ill be eatin my own words soon enough

OP
Charlie_Boy7

Charlie_Boy7

Addict
Reaction score
I had several scheduling conflicts picking up the replacement LS1, but now we're back on track! While the power steering pump (my seals started leaking) and a few other things show up throughout the rest of the week.. im gonna start from the bottom and work my way up i guess. Pulling it without the trans from the top. 🤞🏾 it would be nice to have it goin by Sunday but we'll see!

20210421_133227.jpg

OP
Charlie_Boy7

Charlie_Boy7

Addict
Reaction score
I did have a question however.. does it matter if the car is in gear or not if im separating engine and trans? I leave it in gear since the parking brake doesn't work. Thats coming this week too lol

Five-0

Regular
Reaction score
What v6Buicks said. It shouldn't matter, but I like to have as much movement available to me as possible when pulling/installing a trans. Just makes life easier.

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
I mean. Chances are it's gonna be off the ground and not rollin anyway right? Maybe your ramps in the front and jack stands in the vack

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
TBH, with the M6, you may be using the bolts to draw the transmission back to seat fully (due to reinstallation of the slave/throwout bearing). So you want as much "play" to allow it work back on.

OP
Charlie_Boy7

Charlie_Boy7

Addict
Reaction score
Car's definitely been to some overly shady shops in its past life. This was the bracket for the ignition coils they fabricated. Both sides. 20210428_171951.jpg

Started from the top instead of the bottom. J

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I don't know that it's shady, that's just not an '04 LS1 coil bracket to begin with. That looks like a truck bracket, particularly a Vortec 5300.

OP
Charlie_Boy7

Charlie_Boy7

Addict
Reaction score
I don't know that it's shady, that's just not an '04 LS1 coil bracket to begin with. That looks like a truck bracket, particularly a Vortec 5300.
I only stand firm on shady because they took out his 5.7 with trick flow heads and put in a 4.8/5.3 block before skipping town😔

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom