Movie Hobbs & Shaw (F&F spinoff)

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I dont see how it would be possible for the F&F franchise to go back to being like it was in the first 3. The movies have moved way too far away from the core story.

Not to mention( I have no data on this) but it SEEMS like the car enthusiast community is shrinking as well. So you more than likely wouldn’t get that same response from the younger demographic as you did 20 years ago if you did have a car modding/street racing movie today.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/0...e-rock-jason-statham-funny-good-fast-furious/

In the end, leave your logic at the door if you want enjoy Hobbs & Shaw. Gravity and real world rules don’t apply in this movie nor should they, which the Fast & Furious franchise has now proved several times over. It’s a big, ridiculous, hilarious good time at the movies and its rare missteps only come when it tries to be something more. The Fast & Furious franchise might have just launched another franchise.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

https://www.slashfilm.com/hobbs-and-shaw-review/

Despite its failings and annoying tendency to stretch out jokes to the point of excess, Hobbs & Shaw succeeds in doing exactly what it promises to do. Hobbs & Shaw is an action movie as a meme; the entire film is a self-effacing wink at the audience. It delivers to us what we want in a movie where Johnson and Statham are filmed 85% of the time in slow-motion: good dumb fun.

/Film Rating: 6 out of 10

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Needed to numb my brain with something after playing the last of us 2 all day today, so I watched this :LOL:

Was a BIT long, but.......actually somewhat entertaining. Just an over the top straight up action movie, and the Rock and Statham just get to do what they do. I'd say worth a watch if you want to try and forget you've spent the whole day stabbing people in the throat.

Reactions: VenomInside
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info