• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

hmm.... cloth interior or leather?

tmbutitta

TCG Elite Member
Feb 16, 2010
Rockford
looking at buying a G8 tomorrow..

only thing holding me up is the cloth interior, no sunroof, no heated seats...

it would become my daily/toy, and i can live without the options. I actually like the cloth seats better then leather personally. They are more comfortable and you don't have to deal with the extreme hot or coldness...

but i am more concerned about re-sale.. i don't think ill keep the car for more then 18 months.

any opinions? does it dramatically hurt the resale?

Csurane24

I like big butts and I can not lie
Jan 30, 2010
Crete
looking at buying a G8 tomorrow..

only thing holding me up is the cloth interior, no sunroof, no heated seats...

it would become my daily/toy, and i can live without the options. I actually like the cloth seats better then leather personally. They are more comfortable and you don't have to deal with the extreme hot or coldness...

but i am more concerned about re-sale.. i don't think ill keep the car for more then 18 months.

any opinions? does it dramatically hurt the resale?

That right there is all that matters.

tmbutitta

TCG Elite Member
Feb 16, 2010
Rockford
I don't think i'd buy a car with cloth interior. leather just looks so much nicer, and it's easier to clean with simple leather cleaner and wiping.

and thats a big worry... i feel like 90% of the people looking for this car will be looking for leather.

I made the mistake of buying an audi once with cloth because it was what i wanted... was a bitch to sell..

I guess i am just hoping that the g8 is like the m3 by some miracle, and that the cloth may be something that is rare and sought after by some- and not hurting value

tmbutitta

TCG Elite Member
Feb 16, 2010
Rockford
the goal is to not lose money on it...

My typical track record is buy for a deal, sell in 12-18mo and break even.

not to mention, when you lease a car (in most cases) your putting a couple grand down, spending 300+ a month... a 36mo lease would be like 12,800 gone.

id rather spend 15 now and sell for 15 later...

but i am just looking to see what the general consensus is on leather vs cloth and if it would prevent someone from buying it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info