3800 HK's Turbo Regal update for 2027 season

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
thats not my board. its a fairly cheap system thats typically used for magnavox turbo buick stuff but he sells this one thats for use with our 2nd gen DIS ICM

he just doesnt have a nice fancy box to go with it so i designed and waterjet machined my own case and coil mounts,

Cody and El Tortuga have been the main guinea pig so far but he's been making it work beautifully...plus he has those sweet fucking modded valvecovers with coil mounts, and the best coils
That's really cool. Where can I find this board? Is that a Bob Bailey thing? Similar to the TR6?

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
The ICM is only used for timing all of the lsx coil logic circuits.
It no longer has any load placed on it

all current load and draw is through the power and ground wires to each of the oem harness' to coil ignition control modules
I see! So nothing is different about using the on the 3800 except for mounting then? The directions seem really simple. Since it only takes care of the timing, I assume that there's still no solution for a 2 step? I recall reading something about fooling the PCM into thinking it's in Park when you've actually made a trans brake, but my 5 speed doesn't give me such luxury. Maybe since this would be converted to CnP, I could then look into an LS 2-step controller. ?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
the pcm rev limiter has way to much hysteresis/deadband and its too slow really.

while i believe that the lingenfelter type 2 step/launch controll stuff would work its frequency/chopping/timing etc is predicated on an 8 cylinder engine and not a 6 cylinder.

i was looking at some python script and an ardunio setup would let me chop the coil ICM signals from the driver board after they are split from 3 to 6 logic wires.

at that point though it becomes pretty close to being more cost effective for us to go to two megasquirt systems, on for each powerplant and use the CAN bus to let us work out some rudimently traction control/power limiting for the front engine as well as full digital control of a full solenoid converted 4t80e to let us use a trans brake at each end of the 442.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Now that I will have a milling machine in my garage...

....I gotz plans
giphy.gif

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I finally recognize this car!

Small world. You probably don't remember me. My scrawny little 16yo ass was chilling in the Naperville Discount Tire waiting room when I saw this thing pull up. I was super excited to see a GS owned by an enthusiast. I tried making conversation about how I wanted to paint the tail lights in my '95 LeSabre the same way and swap the cam. ?‍♂️ It's awesome to see that this thing is still owned by the same guy after all these years... I sold the LeSabre a few years ago with only 76k on the clock. :(

• Wow
Reactions: The Broken Regal

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
giphy.gif

:hk:

I finally recognize this car!

Small world. You probably don't remember me. My scrawny little 16yo ass was chilling in the Naperville Discount Tire waiting room when I saw this thing pull up. I was super excited to see a GS owned by an enthusiast. I tried making conversation about how I wanted to paint the tail lights in my '95 LeSabre the same way and swap the cam. ?‍♂️ It's awesome to see that this thing is still owned by the same guy after all these years... I sold the LeSabre a few years ago with only 76k on the clock. :(
How many years ago would this have been :rofl: thats crazy you remember

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
How many years ago would this have been :rofl: thats crazy you remember
More than 10. I would have to guess it was 2008 or 9. If he remembers a goofy little punk at DTC waiting to get his free tire rotation while hyping up his LeSabre I'm going to be embarrassed. :ROFLMAO: Looking back on it, I laugh at my dumbass, but I really felt like I met the coolest guy in the Chicago area that day.

• Haha

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
More than 10. I would have to guess it was 2008 or 9. If he remembers a goofy little punk at DTC waiting to get his free tire rotation while hyping up his LeSabre I'm going to be embarrassed. :ROFLMAO: Looking back on it, I laugh at my dumbass, but I really felt like I met the coolest guy in the Chicago area that day.
I bought the car around then, the story doesn't ring any bells (probably a good thing it sounds like? lol)... if you talked to a early 20s guy then that was me, if it was a 50+ dude that was the previous owner

I would have gone to that location being local, might have been when I bought a set of winter rims and tires for it

Man, that was back when it was on the OG setup, rocker IC 3.2 and 3.69 gear car

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I bought the car around then, the story doesn't ring any bells (probably a good thing it sounds like? lol)... if you talked to a early 20s guy then that was me, if it was a 50+ dude that was the previous owner

I would have gone to that location being local, might have been when I bought a set of winter rims and tires for it

Man, that was back when it was on the OG setup, rocker IC 3.2 and 3.69 gear car
YEP! That was you then.

• Wow
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info