• Sad
Reactions: TommyGloves

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
i need ya'll to distract jim

im looking at the holly hydramat sock and putting the 044 in the tank, sans any baffles. however i have in my backyard another tank that i planned on modifying for a large hat and plastic welding a trap door sump into it
Doesn’t the regal have a metal tank? I thought some years of w body’s had metal tanks so you could sump them, big external pump would be the best way to go

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yeah buncha corrosion begining but i had yanked a buncha fusebox stuff from a minty low mile wrecked car.

i think my primary problem is that the OEM system uses low speed as series through both fans, and this car has a 16 and a 12 inch. that with how close the header is now that i adjusted it forward enough to get the axles near straight ...i went with a slimmer 16incher and ill be reworking the ckt to end up with a true fan 1/fan2 system, the 16inch fan is fan1 as it draws directly behind the trans cooler and keeps airflow over the hotside.

this thing needs a D side headlight capsul i can hack into a servicable corner light/turn indicator so i can haz that sweet fresh air...

cause i sorta finished my airflow blockoff for the IC, yes it has a hole for airflow onto the trans cooler, the slot is for easy install around the latch. i made it to use the OEM push clips but i cant find any, maybe in one of my buckets of mystery hardware.

Reactions: TurboTPI

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
looks like maybe a rear unibody ground issue, ive got intermittent malfunctions of the trunk release not having enough oomph to kick it. so thats on the list as i dont think i ever ran a dedicated ground for the OE fuel pump ckt which is also the rear harness ground iirc. the 044 has its own ground and dual 40 amp relays.... 'cause DDR

walbro is quuiet as hell, 044 is also much quieter. i also put a mufffler on the return to keep it from aerating and drawing air bubbles into the pump. it use to do this only when hot and low on fuel.

ill have to see how well that works once i run the tank down to half or lower.

now onto the rad fan, much slimmer, going the racecar route with the DEI gold adhesive thermal blankets on the motors

Reactions: HILROD and GTPpower

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
fuel system is now fixed
still have a ground voltagte drop issue through the unibody, gonna just run a 10gauge aux ground back tot he rear harness ground. that should fix the trunk pop and dim lights issue

got everything together to demod the gxp rear brakes off the crapG and put em out back on the TR along with the GXP front that have been on my shelf for 3 years.

probably selling the 1200hp GMR IS and PI billet converter, Dave norris mainline pressure TCC trans/case/vb and a 1 of 1, schlimbuilt, billet 1 inch aluminium pan spacer/case brace in prep for a 4t80e

kevin wants to sell the TR....to get a bigger turbo n shit for his rs3

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I don't think he has washed his hands of it besides I still need someone to drive it to the 3800 shows while I drive the Cressida towing the 442.

I forgot to include that the Bosch 044 pump has no external damaged indicate any debris strike but something happened inside and it is locked up solid and plugged. This explains why the fuel canister hose blew up inside the tank at the end of last year..... necessitating a roadside repair made greatly Easier by the fact the car has no interior.

I still have a thought towards throwing the Regals turbo setup into the front of the 442 so that we can use a stock height F body intake and be able to bolt on and close the hood on the Olds.

As it is now the blower sticks out of the hood a couple inches....

That and I loath the effort of pulling out the turbo kit

To be fair though if he sells it to me there is a slight possibility I would swap the motors and go ahead and take a Sawzall to the lobster claws in the middle of the hood so that the 442s blower setup could stick up a couple of inches above.....

Really I think it's just that the whole f*** it I'll make it fit look of Cody's turtle with the blower showing off hanging out in the Wind that makes me willing to hack a hole in the hood nowadays.

Reactions: TurboTPI
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info