đź’¦ Detailing High iron in my water

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Living out in the sticks has some drawbacks for sure. One of those being I have relatively hard water, and it also has very high iron content. This is dealt with easily enough for the water in the house, but the spigots get it straight from the well. Eventually I want to put a separate system in my garage to get me good clean water for washing cars and stuff, but what can I do for now? Just use it as is? Are there any chemical treatments I should look at? Additional washing steps I should take?

If you are wondering how bad it is, my water looks like rust straight from the well. We have a iron filter on the house that is back flushed daily. Someone tell me why I bought a black truck again :(

Sean

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Well that is a step in the right direction! How long do they seem to last? Just know its time to replace when flow is slow?

Thanks,
Sean
I go an entire summer. If really bad maybe do 2 inline.... But I have nasty ass water coming from my 2nd well house... I wash all the cars with it and it's barn dogs drinking water source...

Reactions: Yaj Yak
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info