Hid sponsor and recommendations

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
They have LED hid kits?

Are the light outputs on led really comparable to HID at this point??

Yes, they have external drivers that are about the size of a ballast and can emit up to 2800 lumens which is right on par with an HID. They cost about $100 for the set and don't have the issues associated with HID's and can run with less wattage with out an issue on DRL applications. The only down side, as stated by ilikebmx is that they are longer. I hope they will fit in my hideaway headlights. There is a heat sink or fan on the back of them.

RenoReno2

Regular
Nov 24, 2011
So how would the LED work with these headlights? these are the reflective ones for HID kits Or would I have to go back to the oem headlights?

Attachments

• IMG_6063_zpseur76lmy.jpg
    IMG_6063_zpseur76lmy.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 99

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Go with LEDs!!! After having HIDs in 3 vehicles and finally switching to LEDs I'll never go back.
LEDs; less power drain, no power spike on startup, no dimming, no electrical interference humming thru speakers, no flicker, instant on, no chasing down multiple things that might be wrong when they don't work, no need for a relay harness (lower voltage).

Check out OPT7 LED bulbs.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
I may want to try these led ones now. Do the colors still follow HID colors? The best Seth hid I had was 55watt and 5000k. White with a hint of color and most importantly able to see in the rain. All other 6000k or 35watt hid kits I couldn't see shit in the rain

Also I regards to the spike in amperage with hid. It actually melted my wire harness. Took about 30 wires and melted them all together. Never once blew a fuse. It took me forever to cut and solder it all back togheter so I will never do HID again

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Like I said above, the 6k kit I had for a brief moment was very pure white. I can't attest to rain performance because they didn't actually fit on my truck, I put them in my projector housings and the light did seem insanely bright.

Nothing is really going to be amazing in a regular old halogen housing though

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
Go with LEDs!!! After having HIDs in 3 vehicles and finally switching to LEDs I'll never go back.
LEDs; less power drain, no power spike on startup, no dimming, no electrical interference humming thru speakers, no flicker, instant on, no chasing down multiple things that might be wrong when they don't work, no need for a relay harness (lower voltage).

Check out OPT7 LED bulbs.
I just purchased the OPT7 HID kits for the Focus. I like them, and were plug and play.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
This is good to here. I may do this. Hate the light output in my focus. Big improvement?
They aren't bad, better than Halogens. I picked up Spyder projector headlight assemblies from a buddy for cheap (I have an ST1). I was told not to bother upgrading bulbs in it because the projectors aren't great, but fuck it. Standard bulb is an H11 and they require H7, which suck. I went with these and the fit fine. I bought H7 kit for the headlights and H11 or the fogs ($40 ea).

OPT7 Blitz Bullet HID Kit • Powerful "Mount-Less" Ballasts - All Colors and Sizes • Simple DIY Install - 2 Yr Warranty [H11 H8 H9 - 5K Pure White Xenon Light] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018A1VECI/?tag=tcg21-20

You will also need these for the headlights

OPT7 HID Capacitors Warning Light Canceller for OPT7 HID Kits (Pair) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J8QNNWY/?tag=tcg21-20

They are only 35w ballasts mind you

boostme

1 Order of BOOST plz!
Sep 8, 2008
I just purchased the OPT7 HID kits for the Focus. I like them, and were plug and play.
I also purchased a set for my wife's 03 Acura mdx. The lightning is GREAT and it's a 35 watt kit.

I only bought them because of the 2 year warranty. Can't beat $30 and some change

However, my housings aren't HID so I feel like I'm blinding someone. We'll see. Just put then on 2 days ago and don't really drive the truck unless we all go out

uploadfromtaptalk1458427464554.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458427474448.jpg

Left is HID bulb, right is plain halogen
uploadfromtaptalk1458427503678.jpg

Turtle

Addict
Mar 21, 2011
I don't know what's worse, HIDs not even bothered to be aimed in a non projector headlight or the people cluelessly driving with their brights on
While both are annoying, the hid is worst because it's so much brighter then the normal high beam. Plus the clueless driver at one point might realize they have their high beams on and shut them off. Hid guy is just gonna blind away.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info