3800 Hick with a 10 second GP SE

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by RareGMFan@Feb 9 2005, 11:42 PM
Ummm.....most TGPs have 275 ft-lbs tq after a Jeff M TopGun 160 chip, and they run mid to low 14s.  Plus, you'd need a HELL of a lot of work to get a n/a 3100 to 275 torque.  If these are the kinds of mechanics UTI is putting out....we're all in deep trouble. :mellow:
[snapback]70890[/snapback]​

r u driving the red one or the white one now? and did you ever get that dp you were talking about?

haha

and if uti is putting out mechanics that can take 94 gp ses with a 3100 and do 10.2 at 122 on nothing more than rockers, "chip", and exhaust i think i need one to work on my car. :lolsign:

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Originally posted by Kyle@Feb 9 2005, 11:46 PM
r u driving the red one or the white one now? and did you ever get that dp you were talking about?

Still the white one....which has now developed a power steering fluid leak, and I think it's the rack and pinion itself... :angry:

The red one needs a fuel pump, I believe. Nothing hitting the shradder valve when I try cranking it. I was gonna put it on last week, but my help never showed up. :angry: :angry: I need to get that thing out of my bosses garage before the end of this month. :unsure:

The dp? Downpipe? I was looking to get a fixed crossover pipe, which I did. And for a total steal. The dealer wants $1,500 for a pipe that will break again in less than a year, Jeff M wants $425 (all be it his is VERY good), and the one I bought repaired off this kid (old flex joints cut out, new ones welded it) I picked up for.....$35!! I also got some 8mm Taylor wires from him for $20 with about 1 mile on them! :mellow:

Say....have you ever done a fuel pump? If so, willing to give me a hand this Sunday? It's not hard, but it's a little difficult undoing the straps and lowering the gas tank single handedly.

Originally posted by Kyle@Feb 10 2005, 09:54 AM
Ive never done a fuel pump before no but if u wanna wait till next weekend i'll definetly give u a hand if u know what ur doing I can be a spare set of hands for ya.
[snapback]70928[/snapback]​

I've never changed one before, either, but I've been studying the factory service manual, and it looks pretty straight forward. Spare set of hands would be usefull, but next weekend is when our business is moving, so there wouldn't be any room/time. Let me see what happens this weekend, and I'll let you know.

Maybe I can get Mr. Hick to help me. I mean....if he can build a 10 second 3100 GP with no mods....he could probably change the fuel pump without dropping the tank...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info