đź‘‹ INTRO Hi from Lew in Sydney

Lew

May 6, 2021
Hi all,

I just joined the forum in order to download a couple of useful Frimware files for my Innovate LC-1, but what I really need is the Firmware file for the Innovate XD-16 serial display. I will shortly write a post about that under TCG Technical.

I have a 1984 Mazda Cosmo with a rotary 12A turbo engine. I am not doing anythng extreme with it; I just want to keep it going. The analog engine management computer was blown up by an auto electrician about 10 years ago, so I have fitted a Haltech (Australian) E8 engine management computer, which gets AFR information from an Innovate Wideband sensor controlled by the LC-1. It has been working perfectly for the last 7 years.

I look forward to hearing from other members.

Lew.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Hi all,

I just joined the forum in order to download a couple of useful Frimware files for my Innovate LC-1, but what I really need is the Firmware file for the Innovate XD-16 serial display. I will shortly write a post about that under TCG Technical.

I have a 1984 Mazda Cosmo with a rotary 12A turbo engine. I am not doing anythng extreme with it; I just want to keep it going. The analog engine management computer was blown up by an auto electrician about 10 years ago, so I have fitted a Haltech (Australian) E8 engine management computer, which gets AFR information from an Innovate Wideband sensor controlled by the LC-1. It has been working perfectly for the last 7 years.

Lew.
This is so awesome. Welcome to the site and please stick around and post more about your car. I love when other countries join the site.

Lew

May 6, 2021
Hi RdRnnR,

Thanks for your reply.

It's just the small original but re-built turbo, which is good for low-end torque but not optimum for power at high revs. A 13B turbo would be better for that, but as I said, I just want to keep it going. It's nice to drive.

Unlike the RX-7 12A and 13B turbo engines the original Cosmo 12A has one fuel rail instead of two, with two large injectors (850 cc/min?) instead of 4 smaller (550 cc) ones. I'm still using the original injectors, which were reconditioned more than 10 years ago.

That's all I can tell you.

Best wishes,

Lew.

Reactions: Rdrnnr

Lew

May 6, 2021
Thank you all for your warm welcome!

I'm sorry it's not a Holden! I like those too. My father used to drive them, but I've never owned one. So many cars, so little time!

(But my brother-in-law has a beautifully restored Holden Panel Van.)

Yes, the Mazda is factory-everything except the Haltech and Innovate stuff. The original engine management computer died when I was trying to get the climate control working. It did work for a short time! I think the 12A turbo in the 1984 (HB) Cosmo, may have slightly preceded that in the RX7 - hence the evolution of the fuel rails and injectors - but I don't really know.

I'm hoping that someone will point me to the XD-16 digital display. I like the fact that it's one less thing to worry about in relation to grounding.

Best wishes to you all,

Lew.

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020

This place claims its in stock but that one looks to be discontinued. May have to look at a newer model

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Welcome to TCG Lew!

giphy.gif

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Hi all,

Lew.

Howdy!

Any pics?

Lew

May 6, 2021
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the new welcome messages. I'm overwhelmed. I love the US too. I've done some driving there on business trips quite some years ago, and I loved it.

Note to Turbocharged400sbc Turbocharged400sbc: I bought my XD-16 in a so-called standalone kit, Innovate PN #3781, which included the LC-1 wideband controller. I still have the CD that came with that. It only has the install files for LogWorks Version 3.09 and LM_Programmer Version 3.33. Both of these run under Windows XP and Windows 7. If anyone needs that, I can ZIP it up and post it. There were no drivers on the CD. The driver that I need for the XD-16 will have a name like XD16-100A.DLD or XD16-V100B.DLD

Note to Yaj Yak Yaj Yak: Two photos of the Cosmo attached. It's an HB Cosmo 4-door hardtop 1984. There was an HB 929 4-door hardtop in the same year. It had an identical body, except for minor details in the tail lights. The 929 had a 2 litre piston engine engine and was sold in Australia, but the Cosmo was not. Mine was imported from Japan, in about 2000. The first photo was taken with my son's RX-7 on a drive in 2012. The second was taken in 2000 with my son, who is the one who infected me with enthusiasm about rotaries. There is no known vaccine for this infection.

Best wishes to all,

Lew.

RX7&Cosmo.jpg

IMG_0508.JPG

Thread Info