Hey Guys - Show us your Dogs !

219Cobra

Cobra Lover
Aug 30, 2005
NWI
This is Jax my 117lbs King Shepherd. Great dog awesome with the family. Only bad thing hair everywhere.
A7849B31-517C-458C-B749-4371224238E2.jpeg

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
This is Jax my 117lbs King Shepherd. Great dog awesome with the family. Only bad thing hair everywhere.
I had a King Shepherd too. Best dog ever ! 'Ranger'.

115 LBS a little less fuzzy than yours but black and silver - no brown. Dog was gorgeous. Lived almost 16 years. Hips were GONE, had to put him down.

Yeah. I still find his hairs around here and there....

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I assume youre in the same boat now. I bought clippers to try to keep the trips to the groomer down to around 3 per year,

usually $100 for both to get done.

That’s a good price. I took her to petsmart and it was $60 and they shaved her down too much never again I’ll take her there. I’m going to try mobile dog grooming next I know it’s more but she is back in an 1.5 hr in the driveway instead of 4-5 hours.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
That’s a good price. I took her to petsmart and it was $60 and they shaved her down too much never again I’ll take her there. I’m going to try mobile dog grooming next I know it’s more but she is back in an 1.5 hr in the driveway instead of 4-5 hours.

Where are you going that it’s 4-5 hours? I usually drop them off and pick them back up in 1.5-2 hours at the most....

Mobile groomers I looked up we’re around $100 per dog, just too much IMO. Definitely convenient though.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I took one of our Aussies to a local groomer, and won't do it again. Dog hated it, and ended up with scabs along his back. :(

Now, I just trim them up every so often with a scissors or clippers, and take them to a pet bath myself. I also dremel their nails and clean their teeth. My pooches aren't show dogs, and any uneven hair ends up looking fine in a week and after some brushing. With 3 dogs, I'd rather save the money and do it myself.

aussies in gti.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I took one of our Aussies to a local groomer, and won't do it again. Dog hated it, and ended up with scabs along his back. :(

Now, I just trim them up every so often with a scissors or clippers, and take them to a pet bath myself. I also dremel their nails and clean their teeth. My pooches aren't show dogs, and any uneven hair ends up looking fine in a week and after some brushing. With 3 dogs, I'd rather save the money and do it myself.

View attachment 76412

I have a mini Aussie and do it myself too. She always looks a little goofy for a week but it all blends in after that :rofl: The ears are the hardest part for me if I don't want to take chunks of them with the clippers.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info