Hey guys, remember the XFL and how awesome it was?

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Nothing like a sports league that gets political right off the bat. That's just what we need.

But they AREN'T being political, by not allowing players to express their opposing political view...Oh wait.

Also, Vince is painting himself into so many different corners. The political thing, whatever. My main concerns are as follows...

1. NOT a developmental league for the NFL. Does this mean that players sign exclusive contracts to the XFL? Is there really going to be ANY talent? Or just a bunch of washed up ex-NFLer's and college players that aren't good enough for the NFL?
2. Vince is sole owner of ALL 10 teams. How are teams picked? How is talent evaluated? What accountability does Vince have to keep Team A relevant over Team B? Are there trades?
3. Players with criminal records are not allowed. I stated my opinions on the NFL's complete disregard for sexual assault, domestic violence, et al., but this seems a bit extreme. What is the "cut off" line? Are misdemeanors OK? What if you were charged but never convicted? What if you settled outside of court?
4. He's banking on what everyone seems to think is "tons of people boycotting" the NFL. I don't think that that many people are actually boycotting, my opinion is that many people are just tired of the same old shit. The NFL is getting long in the tooth and needs to find a better "hook." All of the anthem protests are dissuading some people, but chances are most of those people would have stopped watching anyways. This was just a convenient excuse. BUT does that mean they'll pop over to the XFL for a guaranteed worse product? My bet is, not at all.

100% failed within 2 years.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
In a press conference on Tuesday afternoon, commissioner and chief executive of the XFL Oliver Luck announced the eight cities and venues that would serve as home sites for the leagueā€™s inaugural season in 2020: Dallas (Globe Life Park), Houston (TDECU Stadium), Los Angeles (StubHub Center), New York (MetLife Stadium), Seattle (Century Link Field), St. Louis (The Dome at Americaā€™s Center), Tampa Bay (Raymond James Stadium), and Washington D.C. (Audi Field).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info