Hey guys, remember the XFL and how awesome it was?

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
It fucking sucked the first time :rofl:

The NFL was huge at the time and growing, and they stole all the fanbase....

The NFL is losing fans every day now, and in massive numbers. It's only good business to try and grab some of those fans who are jumping ship. It's very possible for it to make a return, and do great.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
NFL was huge at that time? 200 what...1? 2? The NFL has always been huge. The XFL was an attempt to cash in on the HUGE WWF / WCW following.

The NFL was huge then, yes, but my point is it was a growing market, it has tripled in fan base since then, and revenues have increased even more than that. Just look at commercial costs in 2000, it was about a million dollars for a 30 second commercial during a superbowl. Now it's about 5 million. It has grown into a massive business which doesn't give a shit about the people, and only cares about the money. That alone makes fans jump ship to find a better place to go. That brings in the XFL. If they do it right, they can easily become successful.

The NFL is a steaming pile of shit right now, and everyone knows it. It's smart business for someone to try and steal fans away from them.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Well, if you fail once, try, try again... What was the dude with the really goofy name on the back of his jersey?

And John, the LFL sucked!! Working here, and them playing at the Sears Centre, I went to several games. By the time you got them all padded up, there was nothing to see... You could see more "lingerie" at the gym working out and checking out the eye candy. There was literally more entertainment in the stands with the drunk guys.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
The league is going to fail again, would be a total waste of money.

I agree with [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] on this one 100%.

Other people had random names as well....

BN-RP239_GAY_03_M_20170111162511.jpg

BN-RP191_GAY011_M_20170111153420.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info