Hertz Is Unloading a Ton of Corvette Z06s

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
So the big question here is who is buying one on tcg ?

Funny you said that. I have a big stack of cash burning a hole in my pocket, and that cheap one is at the clearwater hertz like 30 minutes from where I live. Thought crossed my mind a few times last night. But honestly Im looking for an already built 6th gen SS camaro or a used manual ZL1 most likely. I would still like to have back seats. But man that cheap Z06 is ZL1 money right now.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
But that was a bare bones no options car. Good luck finding one.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Yaj Yak

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Short of doing a frequent 3 minute burnouts in 4th gear, it's really really really hard to actually abuse a car like this on the street (or anywhere really). They're made to be pushed hard on a road course, by actual drivers, so doing 150mph in a straight line or taking a couple 90* turns at 35mph then thinking you're schumacher isn't going to hurt shit. Like KJ said 99% of the people that rent these are blowhards that'll do 70% throttle through 2nd and 3rd then get scared

Personally I’d be concerned with poor maintenance and the fact that people treat rental cars like shit (Curb rash, scratches, stains on interior, scratches on leather, etc.). I guess it depends on how cheap you get the car as those things can be repaired.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Personally I’d be concerned with poor maintenance and the fact that people treat rental cars like shit (Curb rash, scratches, stains on interior, scratches on leather, etc.). I guess it depends on how cheap you get the car as those things can be repaired.

poor maintenance? on the rental rides?

really solid chance those things see too many oil changes and tire rotations.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
poor maintenance? on the rental rides?

really solid chance those things see too many oil changes and tire rotations.

Yes, it’s been my experience that rental cars are poorly maintained. Most of the time they can’t even do a proper wash, so do you believe they are actually doing standard maintenance?

Recent memory of issues with rentals-Bad Trans on newer Toyota Sienna, baldish tires on Pacifica with under 30k miles, multiple vehicles with warped brake rotors. My last rental before COVID was pretty solid. I got a brand new Jeep Gladiator.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yes, it’s been my experience that rental cars are poorly maintained. Most of the time they can’t even do a proper wash, so do you believe they are actually doing standard maintenance?

Recent memory of issues with rentals-Bad Trans on newer Toyota Sienna, baldish tires on Pacifica with under 30k miles, multiple vehicles with warped brake rotors. My last rental before COVID was pretty solid. I got a brand new Jeep Gladiator.

where are you renting from? that's really surprising.

you have to remember a "proper wash" is likely them scrubbing the shit in between the 12 minutes it's off rent :rofl: oil changes/maintenance isn't happening in the back shop.

managers at most rental places are graded on how often their vehicles see maintenance and they are HARDCORE AF about it.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
where are you renting from? that's really surprising.

you have to remember a "proper wash" is likely them scrubbing the shit in between the 12 minutes it's off rent :rofl: oil changes/maintenance isn't happening in the back shop.

managers at most rental places are graded on how often their vehicles see maintenance and they are HARDCORE AF about it.

Avis or Budget.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
I would bet if you checked the oil on most rentals it would be black as fuck. Rentals are dumped before they are out of warranty so the rental car companies probably give no fucks. Every rental I got had low tires, filthy interiors, scratched to fuck and I had to turn around and give one back that wouldnt shift out of first gear.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I would bet if you checked the oil on most rentals it would be black as fuck. Rentals are dumped before they are out of warranty so the rental car companies probably give no fucks. Every rental I got had low tires, filthy interiors, scratched to fuck and I had to turn around and give one back that wouldnt shift out of first gear.

where you rentin' from?

Reactions: DEEZUZ

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
My shop used to service Avis rental cars from the hotel across the street. They were always on top of regular maintenance

Thats a good point in that some are corporate locations vs franchises. The locations that I rent from are airports so assuming that they are corporate. I’ve rented from a few local franchises and they seem to care more about the customer experience.

Reactions: bikrboy128
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info