Hertz Is Unloading a Ton of Corvette Z06s

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Low $60’s are good prices for these cars? Aren’t the new C8’s that price new?

Comparing 650 hp 2019 Z06 to a 460 hp base C8 is like comparing a 2019 Hellcat to a 2020 RT Challenger. Come on now, you know better. lol

I agree, unless you like that color combo, you're looking at least $6K to wrap it. For the all-in price, you probably can shop and find a car you like for not much more money than that.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Comparing 650 hp 2019 Z06 to a 460 hp base C8 is like comparing a 2019 Hellcat to a 2020 RT Challenger. Come on now, you know better. lol

I agree, unless you like that color combo, you're looking at least $6K to wrap it. For the all-in price, you probably can shop and find a car you like for not much more money than that.

I am not comparing them, I first asked isn’t that pricing pretty close to what used C7 Z06’s go for. I then followed asking that aren’t new C8 around $60K. I wasn’t off base, if other people choose to extrapolate what I’m saying into other shit that’s not my problem.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Like brings up a good point...

At what point can you injure one of these modern cars nowadays? It's gunna have drive train protection, Rev limiter speed limiter, etc.

At the end of the day your just doing what the cars supposed to do, whether your accelerating hard or easy your making pistons go round and things spin...

Some people really go out of their way to abuse rental cars. At a previous job where I used to travel a lot, I witnessed co-workers removing the air filter from rental cars.

Besides that, I wouldn't be afraid of a 15k-20k mile rental Corvette. I would think at the price point these are rented at, the types of people driving them will be somewhat responsible. These cars rent for $600+ per day.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
These things get trashed. I remember the Scat Packs I used to get all had 140+mph top speed histories in the lookup. A lot of times the porters take the “long route” back after the wash and fill.
Yeah no that was a dodge thing they did at the factory with the clusters. Hellcats showing up to dealers with less than one mile on the odo, showing 199mph top speeds and so on. That was the cluster test they did on that part.

As for buying a used rental corvette, if you think those are beat, yeah dont buy one of my old cars. I rape them into submission then take it further. Beating on them from day 0 until they are gone. Never had an issue with a car other than minor warranty work for interior shit or some weird sensor problems.

These cars are made to be beaten and take more. If the price is right, i'd buy one in a second.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Like brings up a good point...

At what point can you injure one of these modern cars nowadays? It's gunna have drive train protection, Rev limiter speed limiter, etc.

At the end of the day your just doing what the cars supposed to do, whether your accelerating hard or easy your making pistons go round and things spin...

ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY

furthermore any boomer with enough coin to splurge to rent one of these, is going to shit himself rolling into it at 1/2 throttle first time merging out of the airport rental lot onto I95 at MIA and the car won't see more than 1/4 throttle the whole time Terrance has it on rental.

would buy. no fucks given. it'll be fuckin' fine.

likely better shape than one off a dealer lot that some cleetus macfarland wanna be had on an 84 mo 7.99% test ride.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
giphy.gif

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Short of doing a frequent 3 minute burnouts in 4th gear, it's really really really hard to actually abuse a car like this on the street (or anywhere really). They're made to be pushed hard on a road course, by actual drivers, so doing 150mph in a straight line or taking a couple 90* turns at 35mph then thinking you're schumacher isn't going to hurt shit. Like KJ said 99% of the people that rent these are blowhards that'll do 70% throttle through 2nd and 3rd then get scared

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
So the big question here is who is buying one on tcg ?
Well if the seats were purple someone would buy it... Or if they didn't just refinance their summer home in Tuscany, or if the car didn't have stripes they'd buy it.... Or if it had 1k less miles they'd buy it...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info