Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score

DEEZUZ

Bridge owning crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
How does this even happen. I don't understand business at all.. How can big companies be so in debt...?

The answer is probably obvious but I just don't understand

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
well currently, no one is traveling and they have something like 700,000 cars just sitting. that probably doesnt help.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
I figured people would be avoiding planes right now and WANT to drive if possible.
The Enterprise car rental near me is always out of cars, although I haven't checked since this pandemic started.

GTPpower

Reaction score
It is baffling to me that this company could be in debt. They make a dollar for every dollar they spend on a car.

SpeedSpeak2me

Reaction score
Too much negative cash flow from the cars just sitting and not being rented. They have a lot of leases that need to be paid and don’t have the cash reserves to cover it.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
I thought we had a thread on here about how the rental industry was gonna go to shit? Maybe I saw it in an article?

Not especially surprised. Curious to see what happens to the used car industry in return. I can tell you at the start of the pandemic my XC90 V8 was an offer of 800 at the JY and I went today and it was 390. Scrap's at like 85 a ton right now. Could trigger the whole market's collapse tbh.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
unf. hopefully the $40 i just spent on a fake rental to maintain my 16k hertz points wasn't all just in vain and a total loss...

Pewter-Camaro

Reaction score
They Have been struggling for a while with Lyft and Uber taking away a chunk of their business. Now they have a massive fleet of vehicles that have not been making money on for months and can’t make the payments on.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
They Have been struggling for a while with Lyft and Uber taking away a chunk of their business. Now they have a massive fleet of vehicles that have not been making money on for months and can’t make the payments on.
i don't travel much for work anymore, but did need to keep my points alive with a fake rental since i had not made one for a year. i have just used a taxi or uber on all of my most recent trips, although sometimes it is a pain to use a mobile service at some airports cuz they put the pickup location out in some goofy spot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom