Heres what I just bought

Jakeman17

TCG Elite Member
Aug 1, 2009
Algonquin
1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

1990 eagle talon tsi awd 5 speed 114K miles that is very clean!! The only rust on the car is around the sunroof, which is only surface rust!!!
Car runs and drives great, just burns oil because the valve seals are bad!

Here a list of new parts with under 500 miles!!
Rebuilt shortblock
-1g big rods
-NPR pistons
-acl bearings
-balance shaft eliminator
-new oem oil pump
-new oem water pump
-new timing belt
Rebuilt awd trans
ACT 2100 clutch
Starter, front axles, IAC motor, slave cylinder

Now for some Perfomance Parts
-hard piping
-walbro 255 fuel pump
-16g with o2 housing with dump and 3" apexi N1 exhaust
-ceramic coated pacesetter header (but currently needs to be rewelded around the flange so I will also include a 2G exhaust manifold)
-ARP headstuds
-short throw shifter
-koyo radiator with slimline fans
-Good tires

the only problem with the car is the valve seals need to be changed, there currently is not a radio in the car, and needs a headliner. The only reason I am selling the car is because I am having a kid, and need to sell this and my truck to get a 4 door!! There is a ton of money and work into this car without much else needed to be done.
I will also give the buyer the rest of my DSM stuff I have laying around which includes:
-Maf Translator with gm Maf
-Apexi Turbo Timer
-2 good 14b turbos and parts to build another
-stock radiator
-two perfect fenders(car doesn't need them i just have them laying around)
-another set of arp headstuds
-and a bunch of other stock parts

Heres some pictures ill get better ones tomorrow
8777fee9.jpg

3nd3p93lf5O05P15S6a6s1a6b7d10f4b712.jpg

3n13ka3oa5Y45T25R1a6s909dff131dfd1a.jpg

3n23m73o25Q25U55R0a6s428407aa2feb11.jpg

3nb3mb3p95Y55W05R2a6sb95e618989f117.jpg

Also about 10 Miles for his house I ran over something metal and blew out the Driver side rear tire. Pictures tomorrow. I made it home I have a few things i need to look into and MAY need help with

EDIT:
Paid 2700
Car and lots of extra parts Set of rims, 2 14b Turbos and another not put together, 2 Headlight motors, 2 Dent free rust free bumpers, fuel injectors, turbo timer, Data link, and other stuff

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
doesnt seem bad for what you paid. needs a little more money dumped into it and it could be a fun little car. the first thing i would start with would be getting a matched set of rims/tires for all 4 corners (if its still like that pic you posted) cuz different size/diameter tires on awd is baaad for diffs.

Jakeman17

TCG Elite Member
Aug 1, 2009
Algonquin
I have a set of matched rims and tires I had a blow out on my way home and running something over I threw 2 of the other set to getme home will change them all out tonight.

The problems
1st gear pulls fine 2nd after 2500 rpm cuts out.and all gears after that. So I think I need new/bigger injectors but gotta look into it more.

And today went to take it to PAF for work and first was good second fell on it's face and threw a CEL so I call the PO and he said there was a sensor on the head that fell off and it happens to him but plugged it back in and it was fine..
Now I know nothing so I called a few guys I know who r into the dsm and they r comming by tonight o see what they think.

Jakeman17

TCG Elite Member
Aug 1, 2009
Algonquin
i spy Cermak. ah haha
Live around there?? How do you know?

I look forward to seeing it around town. I'm no pro with these cars, but if you ever need a hand let me know. I've gone through plenty of the regular issues and BS that comes with these cars.

Alright Thanks!

Few more pictures

O2 housing dump
536a1a9c.jpg

39a738ce.jpg

Turbo
3c4a7d4e.jpg

5d21d77a.jpg

Random
81994820.jpg

d83175d2.jpg

KaMaSuTrA

Resident Sexi Man
Aug 22, 2008
Chicago IL
If you have the money/time, I highly suggest you get rid of that turbo. If you're lucky it'll last a few thousand miles, but it'll still make less power and spool slower than the real thing. I know cause my car had the same thing on it when I bought it.

+1 on getting rid of that turbo...the compressor housing is probably glued on.

Thread Info