Here comes the 800hp Pickups with a Warranty.

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score
This 800-Horsepower Yenko/SC Silverado Is the Performance Pickup Chevy Is Scared to Make

Yenko SC 800hp Silverado.

Pop quiz, hotshot: What's the quickest way to haul a few thousand pounds? Let's review the options, because against all odds, on the eve of the electric car revolution, the limited-edition performance pickup truck market is somehow expanding. And the 800-horsepower Chevrolet Yenko/SC Silverado just might be the ultimate expression of unbridled excess as of early 2018.

Brought to us by the fine people at Specialty Vehicle Engineering, the same company behind the bonkers 1,000-horsepower Yenko Stage II Camaro we covered earlier in the week, the Yenko/SC Silverado is the street performance truck that General Motors never had the guts to make. It's also an homage to legendary racer and Chevy dealer Don Yenko, who's revered for creating his own line of monster Camaros when GM refused to build them at the factory in the Sixties.

The formula is simple: SVE takes a 2018 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 4x4 in its basic short bed-standard cab configuration and tosses a supercharged 6.8-liter V-8 engine under the hood. The engine itself packs a host of mechanical upgrades that help boost its output to an eye-popping 800 horsepower and 750 pound-feet of torque, along with a custom-built stainless steel exhaust system to really let it sing. Easy (and American) as apple pie, right?

You can get the truck in any factory color...though we think black looks the best and serves as a fitting tribute to the 454SS, the last full-size performance pickup offered directly by GM.

But the Yenko name doesn't come cheap, and at least it comes with a 3-year/36,000 mile warranty. Plus, we think that houndstooth interior looks the business. And then there's the exclusivity—SVE will only be making 25 of these trucks, and with the current generation of Silverados set to exit stage left later this year, there won't be another run that looks quite like this one.

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
F150 Ecoboost is better and cheaper, nice try GM :98GrandPrixIraqVet:

zenriddles

Orange Man GOOD ! ! !
Reaction score
Gimme it in crew cab!
This. That interior picture is totally reminiscent of my '94 Lightning - headrest buried on the rear window.

Anyone taller than 5'8" is going to wish that drivers' seat went back about two more clicks on the track (I know, it is a power seat - you get my meaning)

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Dislike the wheels. Bullet wheels were cool about 10 years ago. A non-busy looking 5 or 6 spike would be fine.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
Although there are many things that could be changed to make it cosmetically better, I'm ok with the Nostalgic Yenko look.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
...... I keep thinking about this..... 2018-yenko-silverado-is-not-your-average-pickup-truck-123816_1.jpg

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
Reaction score
Dam is that nice....
I'd still love to get my hands on a STR-10 RAM at some point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom