• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Help

Topless Cobra

Mar 28, 2007
I have an 03 cobra I was currently running a 3.1 upper sc pulley with a diablo sport chip, and bassani exhaust. I changed the 3.1 and put a 2.81 pulley on the stock eaton and after driving it around for awhile with some hard acceleration it was fine. Then out of knowhere under hard acceleration it has started stumbling and falling on its face. I put the 3.1 back on and now it doesn't do it anymore. Also I have been noticing before that it had an extended crank like maybe the fuel pump is geting weak. It only has 33k on it. I was under the understanding that all I needed was the custom chip when making pulley upgrades like the diablosport chip I have. So does this sound like a fuel problem to you guys because the chip I have is tuned for the pulleys. How good are the stock pumps what are their hp range. If it is a fuel problem what kind of pump should I get. Any help is appreciated I'm open for all suggestions of what I need to do. THANKS

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
First off I would check the tune. If your car is tuned for x amount of boost, then swtich the x amount of boost, the fuel cruve is going to be off.

Sec. I would pull the plugs and check them out.

Third. if your getting hesatation between shifts, then you might need to remove your PPRV in the fuel tank

Kevin

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
VenomInside said:
Your fuel system should support that. Your maf might be close to pegged (its possible).

I'll wait for some other folks to chime in.

I agree I ran 15lbs of boost on a steigemeir port with a stock fuel pump and stock injectors and had no issues. Do you have a rough idea of where it was falling on its face low, middle, top end? I am also in agreement with the possiblity that your MAF could be maxed out. Do you still have the stock plugs? Before when I had the stock plugs I was blowing the spark out a higher rpms...changed to NGK plugs fixed that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info