3800 HELP!

Originally posted by john99gtp@Sep 27 2006, 03:50 PM
I keep getting this code comming up after a few weeks P0420  Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1).  What hould I do?
[snapback]140842[/snapback]​

I'm assuming it's your catalitic converter. It may be clogged.

Try a new rear O2 sensor. If it still comes up you may have to replace the cat or delete it. If you get a straight pipe instead of the cat you need to tune it out or get a rear O2 simulator.

Just a guess on my part, just giving you some ideas of some things to check.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by BigJermGTP+Sep 27 2006, 07:47 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-john99gtp
@Sep 27 2006, 03:50 PM
I keep getting this code comming up after a few weeks P0420   Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1).  What hould I do?
[snapback]140842[/snapback]​

I'm assuming it's your catalitic converter. It may be clogged.

Try a new rear O2 sensor. If it still comes up you may have to replace the cat or delete it. If you get a straight pipe instead of the cat you need to tune it out or get a rear O2 simulator.

Just a guess on my part, just giving you some ideas of some things to check.
[snapback]140854[/snapback]​
[/b]

He is right.. My cat was F%#ked so I just cut it out completely.. I got that code a few times.. When they cut my cat out it was clogged with Gunk... Then I tuned the codes out and no problems.. I was going to do the cat anyways, that just gave me my push. ;) ...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info