• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

HELP!

john99gtp

Reaction score
I keep getting this code comming up after a few weeks P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1). What hould I do?

BigJermGTP

Reaction score
Originally posted by john99gtp@Sep 27 2006, 03:50 PM
I keep getting this code comming up after a few weeks P0420  Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1).  What hould I do?
[snapback]140842[/snapback]​
I'm assuming it's your catalitic converter. It may be clogged.

Try a new rear O2 sensor. If it still comes up you may have to replace the cat or delete it. If you get a straight pipe instead of the cat you need to tune it out or get a rear O2 simulator.

Just a guess on my part, just giving you some ideas of some things to check.

Xtant12

Reaction score
Originally posted by BigJermGTP+Sep 27 2006, 07:47 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-john99gtp
@Sep 27 2006, 03:50 PM
I keep getting this code comming up after a few weeks P0420   Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1).  What hould I do?
[snapback]140842[/snapback]​
I'm assuming it's your catalitic converter. It may be clogged.

Try a new rear O2 sensor. If it still comes up you may have to replace the cat or delete it. If you get a straight pipe instead of the cat you need to tune it out or get a rear O2 simulator.

Just a guess on my part, just giving you some ideas of some things to check.
[snapback]140854[/snapback]​
[/b]

He is right.. My cat was F%#ked so I just cut it out completely.. I got that code a few times.. When they cut my cat out it was clogged with Gunk... Then I tuned the codes out and no problems.. I was going to do the cat anyways, that just gave me my push. ;) ...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom