• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Help - Water pump on our 2009 Caravan 3300 leaking like crazy

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Looks like the water pump is leaking like crazy from behind it. I can assume its fucked. All I can find online for video help is 01-07 installs. And the water pump is accessible through the passenger front wheel well. Now for 08+ the damn pump is above the crank facing dead center the front frame rail. NO way Im getting any tools up between there. Probably 2 inch clearance maybe. Im not a "dropping the motor" type of guy. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe an install party or can meet me at my school in Schaumburg for free pizza and drinks to help? I got a full pro shop there with lifts and every tool.

Im lost on this one. The wife takes the kids to school int this, and of course this happens with two weeks left of school. Otherwise I guess Ill bite the bullet and take it in. Estimates are in the $500-$1000 range. Not wanting to do that obviously.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
You may able to get at it by loosing a motor mount and dropping or raising the engine a bit.

If the $500 includes the price of parts and labor that may not be too bad as I would guess parts could be near $200.

You mentioned a school. Our high school auto program would work on cars for teachers for no labor and some colleges have cheap shop rates to get your car fixed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• T
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list