• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Help removing MAP sensor

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Thought I would ask before I break something. Looks easy enough but I can’t get it to come off. The tabs squeeze in but will not release into the hole. Any advice?
D87211F3-32AF-496C-BFC1-F1C493B7A18C.jpeg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i can usually get em to release with an old piece of brake line tubing or a proper small socket, most of the time yer fighting the grommet thats around the sensor nipple in the intake port/etc.

that looks like a ziptie can be used if you do break the clips.

you can use an exactto knife and remove an ear from each to let you collapse em more

Reactions: GLADIATOR

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
i can usually get em to release with an old piece of brake line tubing or a proper small socket, most of the time yer fighting the grommet thats around the sensor nipple in the intake port/etc.

that looks like a ziptie can be used if you do break the clips.

you can use an exactto knife and remove an ear from each to let you collapse em more
Thanks!! I was about to just cut the tabs off and drill it to replace with regular screw and nut but stepped away from the ledge and thought I would ask first

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
for the future folks.....

these types of "quick release/assembly" items you find collect lots of road dust/crap, a good idea to blow/knock out the crap before you ever even start releasing tabs....which invariably wedges the crap where you DONT want it and makes subsequent removal of debris a real shitkicker.

the newer micropack/GT/doush electrical connectors have a real issue with this as well as the release is full of crap and the 2ndary safety catch holds lots of crap...necessitating fully removing the secondary safety latch entirely just to get the primary latch to lift free and slide apart. these most times i have to yank the purple (or green/orange etc) secondary and i can push the connector halves together enough to depress the primary latch with it held towards gravity and youll hear the grit release and then you can seperate em.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• GLADIATOR
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list