Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
c416670b294f81c458b3d91c8dc452b6.jpg

af3e910b35f84b2215fac0a10ef03f00.jpg

33547d02d8b147f683944534979eb998.jpg

2ec224f42e8bc418e2dda20ffb480cec.jpg

Missing bushing, missing bolt and busted up metal bushing, busted up bogey wheels...

Carnage.

I hear my wallet crying.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
Finding the required replacement parts is difficult! Sheesh... this could be so much easier.

idler wheels are $23 EACH, I need 4 new ones. FML

https://www.denniskirk.com/

Been out of the snowmobile game a while, but these guys always had good prices and anything I needed for any of the sleds I did have, and great customer service.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
https://www.denniskirk.com/

Been out of the snowmobile game a while, but these guys always had good prices and anything I needed for any of the sleds I did have, and great customer service.

They had the best price on the idler wheel assemblies WITH the bearings and clips already... so yep, I ordered some from there! :bigthumb:

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
shredded.

Lots of bogeys on that thing, geez. possible they could be lightly loaded and that's why they are coming apart?

I'm about to take out another couple wheels on the big sled, and convert to a 2 wheel rear from 4.

That track job is a little more difficult than I am used to... still not that bad i guess. Lots of wrestling. If it is possible to collapse the front shock down (when it isn't bolted to tunnel, it moves a bit differently), that helps to get the skid back in. Usually getting it out is the easy part, getting it back in is much more fun. Make sure those adjusters stay loose.

Good luck!

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I agree. I've never done one before either. But I found a good write up that I'm following for a 800 AC sled, which is similar, but not 100% the same. So I'm adapting it to my needs. Would be WAY easier if it was a 100% match, but what are you going to do?

I'm actually glad to be going into the gear case - forcing me to inspect the chain, tensioners, gears, shaft bearings... its all good maintenance stuff to check on given how much power this sled makes. It'll get all new fluids and be perfect for the start of the season! :bigthumb:

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Yeah i installed the 4 wheel rear kit last year. That was simple.

Getting this skid back in place with new idler wheels and a fresh track is going to be interesting for sure.

Make sure the adjusters are all the way INTO the skid, making it as short as possible. I took all three skids out of the ZRT and both Renegades and I've got it down to a science now. :rofl: When you put it back in, loosely bolt up the rear, then use the weight of the sled to help you align the front bolts/pivot point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info