• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Help, my Cobra let's off steam?

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I don't know what is happening but today while sitting and waiting at a light after crawling around a train station looking for a spot to sit my car let out a blast of steam from the right front tire area twice in about 5 seconds.

I don't see any leaks, stains etc from what I can see looking in from the top, but I know something happened, and it's like a pressure realse valve opened er something, I don't know.

Any clues?

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
Since 1964 said:
I don't know what is happening but today while sitting and waiting at a light after crawling around a train station looking for a spot to sit my car let out a blast of steam from the right front tire area twice in about 5 seconds.

I don't see any leaks, stains etc from what I can see looking in from the top, but I know something happened, and it's like a pressure realse valve opened er something, I don't know.

Any clues?

Steamroller????

Intercooler??

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
The intercooler pump is in the right front wheel well. I bet you have a pin hole leak somewhere. You can pressure test the intercooler system just like a coolant system but only up too 9psi or so (I think, check the cap). I would start their. Then move to the cooling system. FYI these cooling systems are a PITA to Bleed.

Kevin

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
the air charge cooling subsystem will never get hot enough on the street to boil, and the hoses are nowhere near the exhaust.

given how breezy its been today, i wonder if it didnt just blow the steam in that direction. there's really nothing over there by the right front, with the exception of the intercooler hoses, but as i said, that fluid wont even be lukewarm never mind boiling hot.

dennis, has your water level in the overflow tank for the radiator changed any?

RD SNAKE said:
The intercooler pump is in the right front wheel well. I bet you have a pin hole leak somewhere. You can pressure test the intercooler system just like a coolant system but only up too 9psi or so (I think, check the cap). I would start their. Then move to the cooling system. FYI these cooling systems are a PITA to Bleed.

Kevin

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
ShelbyGuy said:
one man's bullshit is another man's gospel. it takes all kinds to make the world go round.

dont be surprised if you get hit in the back of the head by a beanbag at the picnic :p

Oh I just love this site. You're FKN hilarious.

I'm the one that's gonna get egged...I just know it...

I know my intercooler tank was closed and cool tempwise, but this did happen once before and I saw nothing. I'm going to look from underneath because I swear sorry...still cracking up over the opne mans gospel.....I can't type I got water in my eyes,,cdfqbfgbn

I'll report back, but I think sump'ns wrong.

ExplorerThis

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2004
SLASH said:
YEA, YOU AT 19 KNOW EVERYFUCKING THING AND CAN JUST TELL PEOPLE WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT. INTERNET BALLS AT ITS BEST, ITS A LONG SUMMER BRO'

Easy easy Slash....You've seen this kid in person, he is probably as big as round as my thumb.....He aint worth it sunshine.....

Im going to assume it has something to do with the cooling system.....

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I looked under my car and could NOT find ANY sign of a leak, or spray, and of course I learned something. I really NEVER knew how the cooling systems were routed, but now I do and they are clean.

Sure enough the resevior tank was low so I added a little to there, about 16oz? maybe, what ever. I rode it like hell last night and no trouble but it was cold out so we'll see today.

I guess I missed a lot here eh? DAMN....I need the laughs.

Jul 7, 2006
Cobra Jack said:
you obviously read my thread:
http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=21055

Enjoy your vacation. :wavey:

Not sure he really needed to be banned...? There are people on here that get away with things far worse. Just my $0.02 - I think the drama thats been going on lately has had a few heated and well can't we all drop it and get back to the cars, hanging out, and having good friends? :cool:

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
SonicBlueDevil said:
Not sure he really needed to be banned...? There are people on here that get away with things far worse. Just my $0.02 - I think the drama thats been going on lately has had a few heated and well can't we all drop it and get back to the cars, hanging out, and having good friends? :cool:

he got a 7 day ban...

and he fully deserved it... my $0.03

His post in the thread (in the tech section, no less) was unwarranted, and served no other purpose than to instigate a childish verbal war..

he's done it before.. and the next time he does it will be a longer vacation, possibly a permanent one, depending on my mood

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info